Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 173 ]  [ Total: 173 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 When do nudists feel "naked"?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How often are you fully nude at home? Topic Next Topic: Where is your most favorite place to be nude?
Page: of 5

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  2:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps feeling really naked is a momentary feeling. I really had that feeling when I stripped for the first time in the parking lot a nudist resort. It felt loud and clear at that time, but after a while the novelty wears off and you feel "normal again." It's funny though, when I put my clothes back on when I departed the nudist resort, I felt really clothed. Strange sensation!

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  5:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only time I think I would feel "naked" would be if I were discovered nude under circumstances where being nude was inappropriate and others objected. I'm no exhibitionist, but I'm not as vigilant about keeping myself fully covered as the law might require, and consequently I'm sure that strangers have sometimes seen more of me than they expected, but what of it? Apparently no one has been sufficiently offended to alert the authorities, and being seen nude is not something I'm at all concerned about. It is unfortunate that so many people are upset by the thought that someone might see them nude. It is also unfortunate that so many people are offended by the sight of a nude person.

Bill

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  04:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BareBill

The only time I think I would feel "naked" would be if I were discovered nude under circumstances where being nude was inappropriate and others objected. I'm no exhibitionist, but I'm not as vigilant about keeping myself fully covered as the law might require, and consequently I'm sure that strangers have sometimes seen more of me than they expected, but what of it? Apparently no one has been sufficiently offended to alert the authorities, and being seen nude is not something I'm at all concerned about. It is unfortunate that so many people are upset by the thought that someone might see them nude. It is also unfortunate that so many people are offended by the sight of a nude person.

Bill

The other night, some female co-workers were getting changed in the parking lot before going to a friend's house, that I was also about to go to (read: these are friends of mine). I noticed them ducking behind a car as I was approaching my car (which is weird, because I work in a theatre that was still open that has changing rooms). I wanted to explain to them that I was aware that they were changing, but that I wasn't looking in their direction until they made the sudden dive. But then I realized that my nonchalant attitude didn't respect their modesty. Though I wouldn't have cared even if they were fully nude, what I failed to realize was that THEY might.

Never underestimate the impact of people feeling embarrassed on behalf of another. And from what I've experienced, that can result in a feedback-loop.

My friends, for example, were changing in a parking lot, careless of anyone in the nearby area (apartments, a skating rink, etc.), not to mention each other. But when they saw a male co-worker approaching, they assumed *I* would take offense, and hid, so as not to embarrass *me*, not realizing that I didn't give a rat's behind. I, in turn, felt bad for them, because they felt bad for me, when the reality was that everyone coulda/shoulda/woulda been totally cool.

Possibly a point for a new thread: Have you ever been in a situation where someone caught you unexpectedly, and it turned out not to be as big an issue as you thought it would? (hint: if you have an answer to this, start the new thread.)

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  10:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Right after I put my foot in my mouth. I said something stupid and now everyone is looking at me with a '?' on their face. Keen embarrassment is the fastest possible way for me to feel naked and exposed.

later
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  1:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would agree with others that I feel naked if caught, in the nude, while in the yard or out camping and hiking. I to feel strange if I don't have my watch on.

LIFES MORE FUN NUDE!

Dave in Central Ky
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  10:10:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I live in the country and there's not a lot of people around. I have one neighbor who lives about 600' from my home and a cemetery kind of in front of my home. I've been busted several times while out in the yard by my neighbor (him and his wife) and they've never said anything (we've been friends for 11 years), by someone in the cemetery and by people on the farmland around me. It's always been from a distance of 200 to 600 feet. I've never really felt naked when I've been seen, I usually just casually walk out of sight.

In the summer I usually go free hiking about once a week but I’ve never been busted while doing it. I may feel naked if it ever happens and if I keep free hiking it‘ll probably happen some day. As of right now, I really can’t say I’ve ever felt naked when I’m nude.

"Cold Weather Sucks"

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  7:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If my wife catches me wearing just socks I feel very naked. Hardly ever happens and I do when dressing tend to put socks on last, before shoes.

Rod

rkymtncpl

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  2:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes to be truthfull the feeling of being naked is something we all feel from time to time I think at some point we all have no matter what me was the first time going to a clothing op place and fully undressing infront of everyone wife says was the first time she went also and others looking at her in the nude and yes the hard looks from others sizing up as was put here in the forum

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  4:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe so. To me nude and naked are not necessarily synonymous. Being nude is the absence of clothing. Naked, to me, has a connotation of exposure or vulnerability. I have had several unexpected encounters with textiles in my years of being a nudist where I felt 'naked'. In all these cases, it was someone showing up uninvited at my house or engaging in obtrusive behavior. I take care to respect my neighbors and the fact that many people are uncomfortable/offended by nudity. But as nudists, I don't feel we have any need to apologize for practicing our lifestyle where appropriate.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  10:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't remember the last time I have felt naked, I know when I was a teenager and had to take a shower in gym class the first week was beyond naked.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  09:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can one be nude and Not be Naked?

go n nude

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  7:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course you can be nude and not be naked. Being nude is a state of being, while naked inferrs that something is missing. While nude I am frequently naked, but not always. I look with my naked eye at the moon, but often wear glasses while nude. Go figure!

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  09:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Naked also has the sense of vulnerability.
Teva

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  09:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To say one is nude, but not naked is an oxymoron, when you are nude, you are naked or vise versa, nudist one who goes naked or approves of going naked. The word can be nude/naked with much the same meaning. The feeling of nakedness, without lawful excuse could make one come to the reality they're naked/nude and defenceless,unconcealed or undisquised in a state of nudity/nudism, when one faces a charge the courts will say naked/nude whats the difference. The spelling!

go n nude

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  5:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by go n nude

To say one is nude, but not naked is an oxymoron, when you are nude, you are naked or vise versa, nudist one who goes naked or approves of going naked. The word can be nude/naked with much the same meaning. The feeling of nakedness, without lawful excuse could make one come to the reality they're naked/nude and defenceless,unconcealed or undisquised in a state of nudity/nudism, when one faces a charge the courts will say naked/nude whats the difference. The spelling!
go n nude

Interesting point, Go N Nude.

Either way means you don't have any clothes on, or are lacking clothing in a certain strategic spot on your body.

There might creep in a nuance wherein being naked is to be nude in an embarrassing situation where the last thing you want to happen is to be caught with nothing on. Being nude is not wearing clothing where you feel fine if others see you.

Other than that, I would think there is the same connotation for both words.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: How often are you fully nude at home? Topic Next Topic: Where is your most favorite place to be nude?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.71 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved