Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 481 ]  [ Total: 481 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 How often are you fully nude at home?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: When do nudists feel naked?
Page: of 62

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2004 :  6:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stu,
When you disrobe, you shed anxiety, tension, and aggression.

The next time you take that 4 min. shower, dry off and go sit on a clean, dry towel. Don't hurry to get dressed and you might see what nudism's appeal might be.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Mark_497
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2004 :  3:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stu,

Cheri, and Randy are both so right about the attitude changing when the clothes come off. In our marriage our communication has improved so much since becoming nudists. And if we are going to argue about something we both want our clothes. We've all heard that you can, "DRESS FOR SUCCESS, or that CLOTHES MAKE THE MAN. They do define something I'm not sure what but when they are on us they definately seem capable of helping us to alienate people and to hide so much more than our skin.

People are just people with all the same parts, seems almost childish to want to hide our faults weakness, gifts, and talents behind a piece of fabric when we could be building relationships and helping people. Doesn't it? Nudists so far in my experience have been the nicest group of people overall that I have ever met in my life. That is why we have chosen to be nude whenever possible.

Try it you might like it,
Mark

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2004 :  6:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, (Sorry, Admin...for drifting off topic)

Nudists are indeed generally the nicest group of people you'll probably ever meet.

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Stu_Fox
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2004 :  7:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri

"When you disrobe, you shed anxiety, tension, and aggression."

There is an old adage that one man's meat is another man's poison. You have described your own response to nudity but please understand that when I am naked I actually feel anxious and tense. I feel so much more relaxed as soon as I get something on to cover up.

As for nudists being a nice group of people - I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. I have met some really lovely people who are nudists and I have a good friend who is one. That's another reason why I like coming here.
You see, it's perfectly possible to like nudists whilst hating being nude or seeing nudity.

Stu

Edited by - Stu_Fox on 10/23/2004 7:06:14 PM

Jochanaan
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  5:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stu_Fox

...please understand that when I am naked I actually feel anxious and tense. I feel so much more relaxed as soon as I get something on to cover up.

I don't doubt it. But I wonder if you have ever asked yourself why this should be so.

For many, nakedness is an unacceptable vulnerability; they feel defenseless, as if clothing was somehow armor against "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune". But I, being a musician, am accustomed to the vulnerability of being on stage, pouring my heart out in tone. If I were to hide behind flashy technique or mechanical perfection, my music would not do what music has done for me: to open the dark places in my mind and spirit and bathe them with healing light and warmth. So I open my heart and pour it through my instrument into the audience's lap as into a cup for drinking. I might as well be naked! Only such vulnerability gives me the chance to open my hearers' hearts.

Some who have the strongest armor have been hurt the worst. "The heart constantly wounded grows scars of pride." (Dee Brown, Creek Mary's Blood) Hiding one's body and heart reduces the chance of being hurt; but it also reduces the chance of being healed.

Jochanaan
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  5:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To answer the original question: I live by myself in a studio condominium. Unless it's too cold, I am nearly always naked at home. My laundry has actually been reduced that way!

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  5:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work in a hospital boiler room wearing 55% polyester and 35% cotton Navy blue uniform. First thing I do when walking through the door is strip down. I'm not always nude. Sometimes I wear loose fitting boxer shorts or cut off sweat pants (made into shorts). When temp begins dropping, I wear more clothes like a T-shirt, long flannel pajama pants, and socks.

We the willing who are led by the unknown must do the impossible for the ungrateful.

CoolNude72
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2004 :  5:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Send CoolNude72 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How often am I fully nude at home?

Well that is simple.

Except when I am close to deathly sick, ALWAYS!

Ray

Flanudedude

Posted - 10/29/2004 :  7:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Flanudedude's Homepage  Send Flanudedude an AOL message  Click to see Flanudedude's MSN Messenger address  Send Flanudedude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am fortunate to live in Florida on 23.5 secluded acres, so I am nude 100 % of the time at home.

"Nude is not Lewd"

Dusty Wake
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  01:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a stay-at-home job so unless I hear someone coming or get a call that someone is coming, Always. It is a freeing feeling.

In life there is no rewards or punishment, just consequences.

Donna

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  6:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Donna a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Being nude at home is the best!

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2004 :  09:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Donna,

Welcome. Home is where most of us feel the most comfortable.

Chic

Edited by - chic on 01/10/2005 7:17:20 PM

sicangu

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  6:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit sicangu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When it is summer, I am quite often naked. A couple years back when my sister-in-law was visiting I went downstairs nude and walked in on her in the kitchen. Ther was not a problem with it.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  7:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Maybe she too is a nudist at heart.

Chic

higgie

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  4:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm nude at home whenever it's me alone or just me and my wife (though she's a textile who tolerates my nudity in the house). I only dress when I'm going somewhere or if someone comes over. I live in a mobile home park with decent sized yards so there is no privacy outside the home. On our back side we only have a field (no neighbors but some homes are within sight), but can be seen from the highway. Occasionally in warm weather, late at night, when I've had to get up to take our dog out, I've gone out on the back deck nude (after first checking for others) with him on his long leash. So in answer to the topic question, probably about 90 per cent of the time.

Joe

If God wanted us to be nude, we'd be born that way.

Page: of 62 Topic Next Topic: When do nudists feel naked?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.38 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved