Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 418 ]  [ Total: 418 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist
Page: of 32

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  7:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HG8Harrier

quote:
Originally posted by BlobbyBob

why should he be made to feel ashamed of it and cover it up, or go for a swim, or roll over etc? (those are the 3 usual suggestions on how to 'deal' with an erection)

For the same reason why we shouldn't have the confederate flag in public. Sure, it might mean state's rights to some, but to others it's traumatic. I don't think that many would argue that The Dukes' "General Lee" was malicious, but why even cause controversy?

I have no idea what the confederate flag is or General Lee or The Dukes, so that is completely lost on me. Not everyone in the world knows American history.

Temet Nosce

Edited by - BlobbyBob on 08/31/2006 7:56:21 PM

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  03:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said it before and I'll say it again.

There is nothing wrong with an erection,it happens to the best of us, but it seemed as though some here were trying to justify erections so they can walk around sporting one.
The right and proper thing to do is exercise disretion, that is, cover it up until it subsides, but to expect acceptance for walking around displaying your boner (Nice though it may be!) is asking too much.

Just use some common sense and be curtious, its not difficult.

Pete Knight

Mnstnz
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  09:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Mnstnz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Pete, as most guys know we gat erections wheter we are nude or clothed. For some men more than others even clothed it is obvious. The courtious thing is to be discrete untill it subsides. Behave with the same social skills nude as you do clothed. You just feel better!

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  10:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Knight

There is nothing wrong with an erection,it happens to the best of us, but it seemed as though some here were trying to justify erections so they can walk around sporting one.
The right and proper thing to do is exercise disretion, that is, cover it up until it subsides, but to expect acceptance for walking around displaying your boner (Nice though it may be!) is asking too much.

Bit of a contradiction there. Funny how most nudists have the opinion that erections should be covered up because they're probably sexual, but complain when textiles think nudism is sexual and they tell us to cover up.

Temet Nosce

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  3:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is the contradiction?
You get a stiffy, you cover it up, these are not contradictory at all!!

What isn't acceptable is parading your stiffy, even if you are proud of it, show it to someone who WANTS to see it, but keep it out of sight of the rest of us.

Pete Knight

Edited by - Pete Knight on 09/01/2006 3:14:28 PM

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  3:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where is the contradiction?
You get a stiffy, you cover it up, these are not contradictory at all!!

You said there is nothing wrong with an erection, so if there is nothing wrong with it why hide it? That is a contradiction.

quote:

What isn't acceptable is parading your stiffy, even if you are proud of it, show it to someone who WANTS to see it, but keep it out of sight of the rest of us.

Replace the word stiffy with nudity and that becomes the sort of thing usually spoken by textiles in reference to nudists.

Merely having an erection is not indecent. Walking, or running, or jumping, or any other form of moving, when one has an erection is not indecent. Why should it matter if a penis is hanging down, sticking out, or up, at any angle? No-one is suggesting that people openly masturbate to give themselves an erection, but most of the time erections are spontaneous, no man should have to stop what he's doing or cover up a certain part of him just because some people 'don't want to see it', no more than any nudist should cover up because textiles 'don't want to see it'.

Temet Nosce

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  06:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it does matter to some, and as its not the generally accepted thing to do, you refrain from displaying an erection.
Its seems to me, once again, that all you are seeking to do is justify your need to display your erection, well you'll be waiting a long time!!

Are you one of those perverts on the beach that parades your erection up and down in front of women and families?

If you want a thrill I would suggest a strip joint or a lap dancing bar, but naturism isn't the place for a cheap thrill.

Get a life.

Pete Knight

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  09:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See you're doing it again, you're sounding like a textile who things nudists are just flaunting themselves and should cover up. I haven't actually been to a nudist beach, nor am I a pervert, thanks for the snap judgement by the way. I suppose you're an uptight religious type? See, snap judgements aren't nice are they. If and when I do visit a nude beach or such I'd be doing it for the freedom of being nude and feeling the wind and sun on my body, swimming unrestricted, not having to sit on the beach in soggy shorts. Not for a 'thrill'.

Erections are not always about sexual pleasure, men don't only get them from touching themselves or thinking about sex, they can just happen. I'm not so young as they happen a lot to me, but I still get spontaneous erections at times, and if it happened in a nudist setting I wouldn't want to feel like a pervert by being made to cover it up as if it was immoral. Just because there's a bit extra blood pumped into a specific part of my body shouldn't mean I have to stop what I'm doing for a few minutes.

I'm not looking for a reason to 'parade' with an erection, I'm not saying I want to sit and wait until it happens and then suddenly decide to go for a walk to show it off, but if I'm in the middle of doing something I shouldn't have to stop what I'm doing because some people can't realise that my penis looks different for anything other than sexual reasons.

No wonder this board is so quiet, it's the few people like yourself telling people to 'get a life' probably drives away a lot of people, just because you're not willing to accept something new or different.

Temet Nosce

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  12:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't try to justify your predilection for showing your boner, just accept that its not the done thing, and no amount of self-righteous pontification will change that in the short term.

Its hard enough trying to rid the beaches of the perverts without people like you trying to justify erections.

Trying to get nudism accepted by the wider populace is made all the more difficult if you insist on parading your appendage, just try it at your local beach and se how fast it gets closed down!!

Parading a boner is about as acceptable as defacating on a beach!

Pete Knight

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  12:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where did I say that I actually would walk around with an erection? I'm not talking about what I would do, but what I should be able to do if people were more open minded. I know that a lot of people are very much against erections, and I think it might not actually happen to me anyway if I did visit a nude beach, but the point is that there is nothing wrong with an erection and men shouldn't be made to feel like perverts and rapists by having to cover them up on the rare chances they do occur. I'd probably feel embarrased and do one of the suggested things like roll over or go for a swim because I'd feel ashamed, even though it would be a spontaneous thing and not brought on by any concious action nor thought. My point is that a man shouldn't be made to feel like that just for having an innocent erection, no more than any nudist should feel ashamed of their body because they are nude.

Perhaps in future it will become more acceptable, who knows. Sadly as you say it's how it looks to people outside the world of nudism that see it and think of sex, but not long ago most people thought mere nudity was soley sexual, many do still, but it's becoming more acceptable to be nude. I think I saw a survery that said a high % of Brits would be happy to live next door to a nudist, and there are more resorts and camps, so perhaps in future people will be able to see that a mere erection is not actually brought on by sex.

I don't want to come across as some kind of pervert, I see posts on here and other boards from people who obviously just signed up to talk about something to get some kind of thrill from it but that isn't me. I haven't had chance to visit any nude beaches or resorts yet, I'm still at Uni and couldn't really afford anything anyway, and my family would probably find it a bit odd, so I don't really get to be nude a lot, mostly the rare nights I get home alone or late at night when everyone is in bed, and then just in my room. I know the world is full of people with bad intentions and I genuinely don't mean to offend anyone in the context of this thread, I'm just someone who can understand that it's possible that a man can get an erection without thinking about sex, and don't see a problem with it. I understand it isn't commonly thought to be so, and as such I'd abide by the general rules/etiquette of anywhere I do ever get to visit, but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

Temet Nosce

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  11:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some people have gone past rude to being insulting. We have no need for that. Honest people with simple questions and opionions are being called disgusting names if not directly then indirectly and that is still the same.

I don't remember seeing that kind of mud slinging from behavior from one side of the isle, but as for the other, man you guys are acting like a bunch of Republicans and I'm even sorry for that much of an insult.

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  12:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nude&x=19&y=14

Search the word nude

nude#8194; /nud, nyud/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nood, nyood] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, nud#8231;er, nud#8231;est, noun

–adjective 1. naked or unclothed, as a person or the body.
2. without the usual coverings, furnishings, etc.; bare: a nude stretch of land laid waste by brush fires.
3. (of a photograph, painting, statue, etc.) being or prominently displaying a representation of the nude human figure.
4. Law. made without a consideration or other legal essential: a nude contract.
5. having the color nude.
–noun 6. a sculpture, painting, etc., of a nude human figure.
7. an unclothed human figure.
8. the condition of being unclothed: to sleep in the nude.
9. a light grayish-yellow brown to brownish-pink color.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1525–35; < L n#363;dus; see naked]

—Related forms
nudely, adverb
nudeness, noun

—Synonyms 1. uncovered, undressed, undraped, exposed.
—Antonyms 1. covered.

Not once did I see: With exception to erection.

imnude2
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  12:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with HarborGuy that:

"Some people have gone past rude to being insulting. We have no need for that. Honest people with simple questions and opinions are being called disgusting names if not directly then indirectly and that is still the same."

I support this CONTROVERSIAL issue because I am addressing it from a CLEAN HEART believing in a PURITY of the BODY. Everyone says that the naked/nude/nudist body is NOT viewed as a SEXUAL body. So, WHY is it SO difficult to see this body COMPLETELY as NON SEXUAL when you see an INNOCENT erection??

REMEMBER the real support here is for a freedom to be a NUDIST.

AGAIN, I absolutely DO NOT support the "MAN PLEASURING HIMSELF" in public but I DO support the man with the NATURALLY INNOCENT erection that subsides NATURALLY. Forget the COVER UP in those instances of the INNOCENT erection...it seems so immature to do in a NATURAL environment.

It is not insulting to me when my mind sees it as a NATURALLY INNOCENT occurrence.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  4:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know!!!! Let's pass out signs upon entering nude venues - one that says "Innocent Erection" and another that says "Pervert with Erection" - and depending on what has created said erection he can post the appropriate label.... No? Oh, that's right, we're all supposed to know by looking at him what he's thinking...sorry..I forgot.

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  4:44:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have forgotten about those men who can't get an erection. How many men are at nudist places who can't get one? How do we know how many of these men aren't perverts?

Does his lack of an erection make him less threatening somehow?

I don't know, but if I were a woman I might like to know by seeing. I mean if you are on the side of no showing erections. If you are afraid that an erection is a sure sign of sexual thoughts, that would be like hanging a neon sign over the man's head. Then if that makes you uncomfortable you know to stay away from him.

Without that, how would you know?

Was Ted Bundy able to get it up?

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved