Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 165 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist
Page: of 32

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  08:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You very rarely see any men with erections at the nude at Sandy Hook. It's not appropriate.

If it does happen, you don't see the guy flaunting it.

irishred

mark_fla
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  08:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I'm late to this subject, but I have never seen an erection at a public nude beach either, nor have I had one, if I did I think I would just roll over or cover up or something. Now around our private pool with just the 2 of us is different.
I think people sometimes confuse public nudity with being sexually aroused. The whole excersise is enjoying the out door environment and experiencing the beach and the sun in a natural way. While enjoyable and maybe a turn on, save the arousal part for the apporpriate place.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  11:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good for you mark_fla, that is what most of us have been saying in here. I think there are a couple that have exhibitionist tendancies that want an excuse to flant an erection.

Kim =^.^=

newdnubia
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark and Kim,

I would agree that rarely have I ever seen an erection at the beach. For the most part us men are pretty good at keeping it down. However, they do happen, and to state that a man with an erection at the beach is trying to flaunt it, in many cases is grossly misleading, and far from the truth. Many men do not go to nude beaches for fear of getting an erection. It is rather embarrassing. We would rather not have them at the beach, unless we were alone with a partner. I for one was petrified my first few times. But it happens. It natural. If we were to flip the coin, (and I am not suggesting we do so) one could say that since men should not oogle or gawk at female body parts, women should not look either. Therefore, erections would go unnoticed. I guess what I'm trying to say is, they don't happen often, but when they do innocently, ignore it.

Newdnubia

Freedom, oh freedom!!!

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  03:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats basically what we are saying in here nudenubia, or just be polite and cover it up and no one will notice, but somme will take advantage of any situation to flaunt it.

Kim =^.^=

newdnubia
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  07:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim,

I agree that those who take advantage of the situation to flaunt it should be thrown out. But please don't assume every erection you see is at the end of a flaunting man. I think it all revolves around intent (which admitedly is hard to judge). But we must look at each situation and make a judgement call. Is it natural or is he flaunting? If its natural ignore it.

Newdnubia

Freedom, oh freedom!!!

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  03:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
nudenubia you are correct, its not all falunting. If it does happen, then he should be a gentleman and turn over or cover it up and not draw attention to it.

Kim =^.^=

marpie
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  1:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One can draw attention only if others look at his private places. Thus, if one is at the beach for simple relax and not for staring and others, then hers/his attention would not be drawn.
Controversion, huh?

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  1:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suspect that it is the "flaunters" who push acceptable behaviour the other way.

Simply "not drawing attention to it" and letting it go away does not often require you to do anything. Covering up may be a way of saying "I'm not an exhibitionist!"

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

The Bead Artist formerly known as Revilo42

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well said David!

Kim =^.^=

marpie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  1:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you say about this (found on another forum):

It's unfortunate that a large component of people that promote nude recreation and social activities claim to appreciate "all things natural," but are so averse to sexuality. If a man is healthy and accepting of his own body, then an erection in response to a pretty smile or an attractive figure is a normal response, and should be accepted as such. To make the claim: "It's not sexual," as though that somehow makes it more acceptable, is ridiculous. Of course, it's sexual. Bravo! That's one of the things that makes being a man such a pleasureable experience, and makes being around women so nice. As some women have been brave enough to admit, the open-minded feminine eye can accept the sexual response as a compliment, and enjoy the physical reality of it as part of nature's art display, like the spreading of a peacock's tail feathers!

To admit to being a sexual person, and exhibiting normal sexual responses is not saying that it's okay to rape women and children - that's not a sexual response, anyway, that's violence, and as such, always anti-social. Natural and appropriate social displays of sexuality should not make the most reticent virgin justifiably fearful.

To suggest that our children will be damaged if they are exposed to men (and women) who are naturally and openly sexual is foolish. Don't we hope that our kids will grow up to be comfortable with their sexuality? Where will they find appropriate role models, if we all hide our sexuality? My daughter, exposed to her grandparents' and parents' natural displays of sexuality for years, has blossomed into a well-adjusted adult, with few of the hang-ups that I see in the society around us.

Many folks who fought for their right to be nude, found that they had to distance themselves from sexuality, to calm the textile world's fears that every nude resort was just one big orgy. It's too bad that the pragmatic pose has become an inseparable part of nude social activity for many folk. Their rigid, anti-sex posture has made the erection a thing to be despised to too many.

newdnubia
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2004 :  11:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marpie,

I only wish that I were eloquent enough to have put it this way. I know that many here do not share the same view, but I do. Thank you for the contribution.

Nudenubia

Freedom, oh freedom!!!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2004 :  9:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carly, Sneezing is normal as are other bodily functions, but there's a time and place for them. I believe Melissa wrote a very good note about it somewhere in this thread.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 07/08/2004 9:05:55 PM

itsart

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  08:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Cheri, that just because something is natural doesn't make it acceptable for any time or place. We still have walls around our toilets for this reason. As nudists, we accept our unclothed bodies as well as others', but we don't relieve ourselves in the open, blow our noses without tissue, or sneeze on each other.
Arousal should fall in the same category. Sure, it may be flattering to a woman to see that she excites a man, but he should have a little decorum by at least sitting in a position that obscures his erection--such as with his legs drawn close to his torso.
On another note, one case in which an erection would be unacceptable would be while I were noticing, speaking to or nearby an attractive woman other than my wife. I don't think the wifey would handle that well!

Young_nakedman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  12:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Wow...I never knew nudists were that strict...i don't know what to say.

It may sound like a horse,but it may be a zebra, so don't judge.

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved