Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 195 ]  [ Total: 195 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist
Page: of 32

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  5:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vic, welcome to the forum.

irishred

oldnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  07:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
erection is something normal

Bikeracer
Forum Member

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  12:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome oldnudist! I agree or at least I hope that 'erection is normal'...However, I think after many posting's on this forum, it is generally considered proper etiquette to not flaunt it when in a public naturist setting.

Nude in the pacific northwest

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  1:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something pertinent to this discussion.

At the www.cheef.com website a poll was conducted with the question:
"If a man gets an erection while participating in nudist activities, he should...
a)cover it or excuse himself until it has subsided
b)ignore it and continue his activities"

It turned out (provided the poll has any accuracy, whether the voters were predominally male, no double posting was allowed, etc etc) that out of 3820 votes 70% favor solution (b).

--

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  03:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So is passing gas Massai. I notice a lot men laugh at the very thought of it, and that doesn't make it right just because they approve of it.

Kim =^.^=

newdnubia
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  1:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been awhile since I have posted here, and can't believe we are still trying to sort this thing out. I share Vic's views. I thought we were nudists/naturists. I thought we all wanted to promote nudity in a healthy and natural manner. God created men to have erections. It is both normal and natural. If a man sees a beautiful woman, it may happen. If a gentle breese make a man feel sensual it may create an erection. So what? As long as he does not try to use his erection to make anyone feel uncomforable, then it should be alright. If you are playing volleyball, and you notice a man with one, just keep playing, and stop staring. It will go away, just like a fart. When men stop getting erections at the sight of women, you will know that's when society is really in trouble.

NewdNubia

Freedom, oh freedom!!!

matt_matt
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  2:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newdnubia

............. I share Vic's views. I thought we were nudists/naturists. I thought we all wanted to promote nudity in a healthy and natural manner. God created men to have erections. It is both normal and natural. If a man sees a beautiful woman, it may happen. If a gentle breese make a man feel sensual it may create an erection. So what? As long as he does not try to use his erection to make anyone feel uncomforable, then it should be alright. ......................
NewdNubia

Freedom, oh freedom!!!

Yes i guess you're right but does one erection lead to another? I still think it's best you depart and sit down for a while without offending others.

What is an erection? Flag pole i guess is obvious but engourged flaccid i guess is a little harder to determine.

For those flag poles out there I would say sit down and take control, for the engourged - just be careful, you may impress someone and then dissapiont!

Sorry for the spelling!!

Me Matt

ps - havn't a clue what i'm trying to get accross.

M

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  03:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
God did create man so that he can have erections nudenubia. But there is a time and place for everything, and a nude beach or club is not one of them.

Kim =^.^=

newdnubia
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  09:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim,

What makes one place more appropriate than another for an erection. In the textile world, they happen everywhere. Even on the beach. Even playing volleyball. Now that we are nude are men to suppress what naturally happens? I see a fundamental disconnect with that train of thought. I do agree that flaunting or intentially creating an erection is totally wrong, and that those individuals should be thrown out, but for for the vast majority of real nudists, we are not flaunting or intentially creating them. They are natural. Let us be natural. I thought that was one of the freedoms we share as nudists. If I must cover up what is natural, then I might as well cover up everything.

Newdnubia

Freedom, oh freedom!!!

marpie
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  3:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On another naturist forum I have found the same topic, and to my surprise, most women were quite positive about it. Let me just quote two phrases:
"Erections are a natural reaction of the body to many stimulai, only one of them is sexual. Heck, even death by hanging apparently stimulates an erection in the man dying and nothing could be less sexual.
On a less gruesome note if I see an erection on a man, I think there is nothing wrong with it. It shows he is probably healthy and (giggle), it is sort of attractive in a way. Anyways, if a man gets an erection in a walk down the beach, I suggest he just forget it and enjoy his walk. It will go away eventually and in the meantime, if anyone is offended, I suugested they just go back to reading their book."
"Lets try some sample cases to see where our sources of agreement/disagreement are.
1 - extreme case: Man gets erection while playing with himself - out you go, we would say. unanimously, I presume. Right?
2 - mild case: Man walking down the beach by himself, occasionally passing others; gets erection and can't easily cover up as he is away form his towel and ocean is windy and cold today. He should just forget it and continue his walk. Unanimously, I presume. Right?
3 - middle case: Man sunbathing around pool, aware of what is going on (i.e. not asleep) but not engaging in any sexual behaviour. Gets erection. He should cover up? I say no, unless he is uncomfortable.
4 - same situation as #3 except that he is asleep. Do we wake him up and ask him to lower the flagpole? I say no; forget it.
5 - another middle case: Man playing volleyball or basketball with friends of both genders. Gets erection but not engaging in any sexual behaviour (maybe someone is a sexy dribbler?). I say he should just forget it and continue with the game. Anyone disagree?
6 - hard to say case: Man meets female and commences conversation. "Hi, my name is Joe. How are you?" Erection starts. Female answers, "I'm fine, my name is Elaine." and conversation continues. Erection continues to grow, but man keeps distance and talks as if nothing was happening. Female notices erection but also notices man is not advancing and seems relaxed. I say she should just ignore it and not expect man to cover up."

newdnubia
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  08:32:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marpie,

I agree.

Newdnubia

Freedom, oh freedom!!!

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  11:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
1 - extreme case: Man gets erection while playing with himself - out you go, we would say. unanimously, I presume. Right?
2 - mild case: Man walking down the beach by himself, occasionally passing others; gets erection and can't easily cover up as he is away form his towel and ocean is windy and cold today. He should just forget it and continue his walk. Unanimously, I presume. Right?
3 - middle case: Man sunbathing around pool, aware of what is going on (i.e. not asleep) but not engaging in any sexual behaviour. Gets erection. He should cover up? I say no, unless he is uncomfortable.
4 - same situation as #3 except that he is asleep. Do we wake him up and ask him to lower the flagpole? I say no; forget it.
5 - another middle case: Man playing volleyball or basketball with friends of both genders. Gets erection but not engaging in any sexual behaviour (maybe someone is a sexy dribbler?). I say he should just forget it and continue with the game. Anyone disagree?
6 - hard to say case: Man meets female and commences conversation. "Hi, my name is Joe. How are you?" Erection starts. Female answers, "I'm fine, my name is Elaine." and conversation continues. Erection continues to grow, but man keeps distance and talks as if nothing was happening. Female notices erection but also notices man is not advancing and seems relaxed. I say she should just ignore it and not expect man to cover up."

Intereseting. And well said.
Although, the discussion started with an emphasis on the conceptual level, your practical focus on specifics with this detailed breakdown of possible key-scenarios is refreshing.

**Personally, as you might infer from the early discussions, I agree with you on all counts and your assesment of those scenarios.**

Now, on the implementation side:
The problem I see is the (guaranteed) expectation of isolated miscontact incidents (it is bound to happen; rapes and sexual miscontact is abundant in conventional, clothed, society anyway).

There will have to be an increased level of alertness in order to effectively thwart those.

Of course the same (common sense) precautions applicable anywhere else should apply here too. Such as for example:
- Females without company should be advised to always prefer populated areas and avoid becoming isolated at the far reaches of the beach so that people can timely intervene in a worst case scenario.

--

P.S. This whole issue of nudism is facsinating. On one hand we have the dawn of history, and early humans, being freely nude by nature and then here we are thousands of years later prisoners of each other within textile cocoons .

Edited by - Massai on 04/15/2004 9:09:48 PM

jdr
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  10:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I have to agree as well. A man can have an erection without thinking about sex. Most people who see it, however, think he's thinking about sex. Guess that lays the blame on the viewer and not the viewee. That would mean the person who is offended should be the one to leave, right? I can kind of understand Kim's concern, but since women can't get an erection, is it right they make another person leave if he's not doing anything else wrong? I have to agree with Marpie.

Don

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  01:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The problem I see is the (guaranteed) expectation of isolated miscontact incidents (it is bound to happen; rapes and sexual miscontact is abundant in conventional, clothed, society anyway).

There will have to be an increased level of alertness in order to effectively thwart those.

Of course the same (common sense) precautions applicable anywhere else should apply here too. Such as for example:
- Females without company should be advised to always prefer populated areas and avoid becoming isolated at the far reaches of the beach so that people can timely intervene in a worst case scenario.

-(note to self) shoot... that sounds scary.
Trying to think about it from a woman's eyes and no matter how I turn it, the conclusion goes back to my previous assesment.

"We are just not ready for this". The maturity level is not there yet; to allow so much freedom.

If I was a woman, I would like to know how safe is it to be in a place where males are so free. I guess I would only allow it in a private club/resort where all memebers are screened, fingerprinted, IDed, and passed multiple personality tests. That way I might be more relaxed about the fellow stranger's ability to handle themselves when allowed to braze so close to their basic instincts.

It has nothing to do impolitness, "farts", or other taboo artifacts... (IMHO) it is a maturity issue...
... maturity issue from both sides that is; since I can also imagine females trying to explore, teese and "play" by subtly provoking the guys (using body language) just to see the physiological response, and then possibly telling on them if they start loosing their cool .

... human nature ... as always ...

Edited by - Massai on 04/16/2004 02:40:43 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  04:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Massai my husband has been a nudist for over 18 years. I have never seen him with an erection at a club or the beach. In fact I have rarely seen any males with an erection at the beach. Its seems like there are just a group of people that think it is their right to have an erection, probably because it draws attention to them.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.26 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved