Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 162 ]  [ Total: 162 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 To Bring a Camera Or Not?
 Should I bring a camera to a nude beach?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bad memory Topic Next Topic: camera etiquette
Page: of 14

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  09:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
re: Walmart - it depends on where you are located.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cinderela
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  05:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only have a handfull of pictures of me and my friends nude. Very few photos, they were taken with a digital camera though (no film) so no worries. I wish I had more but you can't take pictures outside and so it only leaves you with inside or in the backyard at night which isn't much. Too much aggravatiooon! Maybe in the future people nude will be no different than people clothed and we'll get all this trouble behind us.

*chuckle*

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  08:26:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with a number of the previous comments. Bring a camera but use it only for pictures of yourself or your friends. One should not snap pictures of others without their consent. At Gunnison's Beach (Sandy Hook) during the course of the season there are a few people who try to do just that--take pictures of others without their consent. The regulars are real good about stopping the individual from taking the unauthorized photos.

eva-germany
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  2:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit eva-germany's Homepage  Reply with Quote
as to bring and snap, I agree with the most people here, do it, be polite, shoot only your group.

as to Walmart, we were on Hawaii and we took some nice under water shots, but every picture with to much skin was hot handed out (I wonder what they did with it)

as to stealth, with the modern camera cell phones, pocket pc's with build in camera, mini and micro spy cams, there is no way you could spot when someone wants to snatch a picture of you.

Webmistress of The Openminded Nudist Board
and the world only thymoma cancer site http://thymoma.de

rrandcathy

Posted - 07/27/2003 :  10:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Send rrandcathy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We believe that having a camera to record you vacation is essential. We also believe that you should have the courtesy NOT to photograph others. It's usually possible to get a good picture of ourselves at the beach, club, etc. with our backs to the water, trees, clubhouse, etc. without having anyone else in the picture.

RR

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  12:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
politeness, discretion, everyone is pretty good on this. think digital cameras are the answer, especially with the new throwaways. (see today's USA TODAY). taking pix of others only if they ask has been standard for a long time. one thing i se no ned to change until world becomes more tolerant

eva-germany
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  8:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit eva-germany's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Admin: your question
Should I bring a camera to a nude beach?
my answer
you can borrow mine

eVa ~ thymoma cancer survivor http://thymoma.de ºOº webmistress of The Openminded Nudist Board

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  7:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eva:

can i "borrow your camera?"

paint4life
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  7:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a nice little mid-range ($) Nikon that I wouldn't think of leaving home if we were to go to a tropical location. And frankly, even if we spend an entire week nude, utimately I would take very few pictures of us -- who are we goign to show them to?

And, it's just not polite to take pictures of other people, clothed or not, without their permission.

Several people have pointed out that it is indeed completely legal for anyone to take a photogrpah of you naked or clothed, with or without your permission. If you are in public, the law says, you cannot claim any rights to privacy.

It is important to understand, too, that if you catch someone taking your picture, you have no legal right to demand that they hand over their camera or film. That is their private property, and to take it from them could subject you to all kinds of legal charges from robbery, threat to do bodily injury, property damage, etc. Your best bet--as is true in most every area of life--is to be careful, and when offended, speak politely to the offender and see if you can talk them into respecting your privacy and please hand over their film.

To force someone to hand over their film makes you the only party doing illegal acts! You could lose more than your privacy.

And I agree with Cheri who said to take film to a one-hour photo and then wait there. This is your best means of not having dupes made without your knowledge, since the negs are run through the imager once, and all the pictures come out in one pile (it would take a real brazen person to print a second set right there in front of you, or separate out the duplicates if they run a dual print set).

You may want to first take a look at the final print-sorter and see if the images will be seen by passers-by. One place I used to use had their machine situated so that passers-by could see an up-close view of all the pictures in one long "ribbon" coming out of the drier at the bottom, up five feet and into the cutter/sorter.

You may not want that five feet of exposure.

As an artist, I have taken many rolls of nudes or draped figures, and taken them to one-hour photo developers. I tell them up front what's on the roll that I am concerned about, and I have never been told to take my business elsewhere.

I have had several tell me that if there are any nude children on the negs (other than obvious baby-bath family shots), they will keep the negs and the prints and call the authorities. So, they do cover their butts (no pun intended), but don't seem to have a problem with nudes.

I'm sure they see all kinds of things.

Edited by - paint4life on 07/30/2003 9:34:21 PM

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  5:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all depends on who is developing them. still think cheap digital will save people a lot of grief. and the gawkers will sill take their pix. how sad that doing that is considered "cool" by some segments of the population, and how sad that anyone should give a hoot whether we are wearing anything or not.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  7:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Reprinted from the Haulover Digest

Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:32:08 EDT
Subject: Caneron Díaz Case. Important to Naturists?

An important case is now in the Court Room of Judge Alan Haber of the Los Angeles County District Court, CA

Carmen Díaz is suing photographer John Rutter over pictures and a video he took of her, while nude, over 10 years ago. The judge ruled, in issuing the order to seal, that Díaz has a right to privacy of her own body. He then set a date of Sept. 12 for a hearing on the injunction against the photographer.

While the elements of the case are not fully known by this writer, the outcome of the case may have a lasting legal standing on the issue of who owns the image of their own body.

Naturists should be interested in this case, because it could give us legal standing, when we confront gawkers taking pix on a public beach, without our permission. Also, it may make it required to get releases signed whenever you take any picture.

It is my understanding, that in the Díaz case, the professional photographer did have releases signed. This case may hinge on the validity of those releases, or the use outside the releases limits.

Either way, it will be worth watching this case.

With the current problems in unwanted pix due to the miniature video lenses and now the video telephone, which has led to upskirting and other ipaparazzi type pix, some may look forward to a legal decision that will give them protection in a public place.

If anyone on the forum, has access to the court house records and could obtain the briefs and the judges order to seal the photos, it would be appreciated if they could share them and forward them to my email address.

Thanks

Richard Mason
Miami/Haulover Beach

Reprinted from the Haulover Digest. This information is provided for education and community discussion. Nudist-Resorts.Org is not affiliated with SFFB/FNA.

skipper

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  1:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit skipper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can find no reason why you should not take a camera to a nude beach/resort etc as long as you are respectfull of the rights of others: why shouldn't you take pictures of your holiday and share them with your friends; your expectation of privacy evaporated the moment you step out in the sun: people are looking at you nude are they not? so they take your picture, are you ashamed of your body? I wouldn't be if I was at a beach or resort actually I would feel flattered by the gesture; at a textile beach people are always taking pics of any one and everyone, why not a nude beach or are we so paranoid of being blackmailled! I couuld keep going but I think I made my point Skip

paint4life
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  2:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of us are nudists/naturists and prefer that to be a private area. So, I would object to anyone taking our picture unless I *really* knew them and could be certain our image was not going to be shared with others.

Same reason many, if not most, people here do not use their names. Anonimity encourages more open discussion. How many of us would post here if we knew our names were out there for anyone to see, or turn up in a Google search?!

We're obviously not ashamed of our bodies, or we wouldn't go nude where we could be seen. But c'mon... pictures are a different thing altogether. Pictures can be used against you, to embarrass you, to defame you.

Show people the same respect you want. "Your freedom to take my picture stops at my freedom to not want it taken." They are incompatible freedoms, so there must be negotiation, consent or at minimum, respect.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  5:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well said. respect is the key.paint for life, and most of us dont care if people look, but camera stuff is an invasion.

skipper

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  1:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit skipper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You both missed the point: at any public place beach or otherwise you have no legal right to stop someone from taking your picture and I'm not going too ruin my time worrying if some one is going to take my picture and what they intend to do with it; I'm no radical,in your face proud nor am I a closet naturist who only comes out when it rains at night!
I have evey intent when I complete graduate school to run for governor of this commonwealth and if a photo of me nude or in a compromising situation, suddenly appears; hell if it's good I might even use it in my campaign but I will not run from it nor deny it.
As for Anonimity isn't that what alcoholics, addicts, and sex offenders hide behind: I'm not hiding; if I voice my opinion I put my name on it! You want to take a shot at me I'm out front, not out back.
The Paranoid Moral Minority who think their mores should be the standard for all: refuse to accept the true basis of a free society; the assumption of risk. In a free society we have to assume every day that there could be a risk to our rights by other individuals of our community: we could be insulted, offended, photographed etc. It comes with freedom, this assumption of risk otherwise we would live in a controled society and not a free one: to those of us who value freedom, true freedom, this would not be acceptable! So thank-you very much and goodnight: Skipper

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: Bad memory Topic Next Topic: camera etiquette  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.35 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved