Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 192 ]  [ Total: 192 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 Post your question here.
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Going shirtless/topless & bottomless preference Topic Next Topic: Nudism and Religion, Worship and more?
Page: of 20

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  4:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you have a question that is not answered in another section, post it here by hitting Reply to Topic.

Susan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2002 :  2:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I recently met a fellow who I have been dating for several weeks. He is a nudist. He wants to take me to a nude beach next week and Im really nervous. Ive never been to one and don.t know what to expect. (thats why im looking up everything i can find on the internet) Ive literally been having nightmares of having to strip in front of everyone, that peoiple will laugh etc. Can anyone here tell me what their first time experiences were like. I want to give it a try, I love the idea of no tan lines.
Thanks
Susan

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/20/2002 :  4:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Susan, your idea of sharing first time experiences with everyone is such a good idea, we added the topic to the Personals section, near the bottom of the main page. Here's a shortcut there .

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2002 :  6:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Susan,
You'll find that nudists are generally the most accepting of any segment of population you'll likely ever meet. I'm posting a more complete answer under the new topic.

Best regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to postively promote nudism
-
-

IslandGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2002 :  11:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a topic that generally everyone has an opinion about. Body Jewelry. Be it piercings, necklaces, toe-rings, belly rings, tattoos, henna body painting. What are your thoughts????

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2002 :  09:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anything that draws attention to genitalia, is not nudist-related.
Many nudist clubs and parks do not welcome piercings below the waist.

I have acquaintances with piercings who are not nudists. It's a personal choice and IMHO, is not related to nudism.

-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2002 :  12:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding tatoos - some of them are quite pretty, and I enjoy looking at them. I have seen a couple during my years as a nudist, that the management of parks have asked the visitor to cover up for the day he/she was there. That's something I won't do...I'm allergic to pain. LOL - also my husband says that I shouldn't mar something perfect.

At NudeStock at Cedar Creek, SC - you will not be allowed with genital jewelry. They do have a rule that states, no body jewelry below the waist.

At the resorts that are not strictly nudist, people can do what they please as long as management has no problem with it. It still sort of bothers me...maybe that's one reason I don't go to them. These resorts are not strictly nudist. Things that go on there do tend to reflect badly on the more common (to us any way) nudist venues.

:) Cheri

-
-

bandd

Posted - 07/28/2002 :  11:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Send bandd an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Susan - Go to the beach with your swimsuit on, and let nature take its course. Nobody should care at all.

Dean

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  10:20:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Note: If you create a New Topic it will probably be deleted. Please use the Reply To Topic link to post your messages to the existing topics.

OK, I don't understand this. Why would you not want us to discuss new topics? You just mentioned on another board that the posts had gone off topic so you are certain what you want in each section. What if there is no proper board for what we want to discuss?

Another point I wanted to make was that I'd asked for more info from you, about you, and you directed me to your profile. It doesn't list a name or location.... do you not want us to know who you are B****? I was hoping you'd make this a bit more personal by giving a bit of info on yourself like what club or beach you frequent. Do you not want to interact with us? For instance I was thrilled to discover you are in ******* because I am not far from you in Tampa and we could compare notes on area nudist venues.

And how come you have this great board and aren't promoting it?

Out of my mind.....

back in five minutes.

*[Admin- I had to edit the name posted to protect the privacy of the individual named, who is not a nudist nor directly associated with administration of this website.]

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  10:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've chosen to limit posting wherever possible to existing topics. If you'll look at the index page you'll see a wide variety of topics covering nearly every aspect of nudist recreation. If you can think of a good topic, suggest it and I'll set it up in the proper place.
This will keep our forum readable and less a tangled mess of unrelated posts like you see elsewhere.
I had to move your post here, since this is one place to post new questions. The other place would be the Everything Else topic at the bottom of the index page.
As far as promoting this site, have you seen the search engines lately? I am promoting this site, I have just chosen not to use my personal opinions to do it. No person should be made to reveal personal information in this forum. Every member's privacy is respected, especially those that don't want their names published, which IMHO is the majority of nudists. This is a forum that respects a person's desire to remain anonymous, if they so choose.

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  11:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

As far as promoting this site, have you seen the search engines lately? I am promoting this site, I have just chosen not to use my personal opinions to do it.

But most us online nudists don't use search engines regularly because we are already hooked up with most the nudist sites online. What I meant was that there was no mention of this website till I saw it on rec nude that once. You should do that more often so people know you are here. Your personal opinions don't have to have anything to do with it, although I have seen some posts here that I would say are opinions of yours. You can't get away from that.... it is part of administration to use your personal opinions in decisionmaking, like moving my post here for instance. There are other places to advertise as well. One place I would never mention this site to is Cybernude because the place is so dysfunctional and you don't need that here.

quote:
No person should be made to reveal personal information in this forum. Every member's privacy is respected, especially those that don't want their names published, which IMHO is the majority of nudists. This is a forum that respects a person's desire to remain anonymous, if they so choose.

When you own a website it is public information for anyone to see. I noted that this guy didn't use a PO box or anything, and used an address and phone number that anyone can look up. I could drive right up to his house this afternoon if I wanted to. You invite suspicion because you are being so secretive about yourself. If you were to open up and make yourself a real person instead of hiding it would invite more to post here. I have a friend that won't come here just for that reason. It isn't giving personal info away by giving a first name and what resorts you've been to. People hiding is the reason nudism hasn't caught on mainstream. People who hide don't go to political hearings and speak up about nudism either. This is why nudism is still considered perverted, not because of commercials on TV. Taking out a first name when all his information is openly available online isn't protecting anyone.

All the other nudist websites have physical get togethers and I've met hundred of people that way. It is a very good thing! I've been to Cybernude gatherings, Netnude gatherings, AOL gatherings. Isn't nudism about being social?

Oh, and I disagree that most nudists want to hide who they are. I've met too many in person to believe that.

Out of my mind.....

back in five minutes.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  1:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information, it helps to know where you found this website. I'm finding new places to introduce our forum to nudists and non-nudists.

Like our nudist resorts, I respect the privacy of each visitor. This is why I've set up the forum so that email addresses are hidden, and any person can participate anonymously if they so choose. I'm sorry if it makes your friend uncomfortable if I choose to exercise that right myself. I'm not hiding, I'm just being selective about what information I publish. I recommend everyone do the same.

As far as moving posts, I have to do it often. I really appreciate those that post in the right place the first time! I'd prefer to avoid the mess you see on other forums, it makes it hard to find what you're interested in without reading everything.

The person you referenced (without his permission) works with the company where I have the domain name registered on their server. It's a good solid backbone that serves up our pages quickly around the world. That's just the way I've got it set up. I'm sorry it's mysterious to you.

I agree, speaking up about nudism at political hearings is extremely important. I would recommend any person considering this develop his or her public speaking skills before attempting this. There are programs available for little cost that help you become comfortable speaking about nudism before a camera. And lastly, as you know, there are differing schools within the nudist community concerning what is nudism and what is not. This only helps to dilute our message, In My Opinion.

Yes, nudism is about being social. I'm hoping to provide here a place where not only the "named" nudists, but also the "unnamed" can gather and participate. People at resorts have to provide names to the management, people at home and on beaches do not. I notice in the featured poll that the backyard nudists and the beach nudists outnumber the resort nudists two to one. Do you know all the names of the people in their backyards and on the beaches? They may prefer not to participate in an organization of any kind, but they can still have a voice here.

It's good to hear you've met so many friends at nudist gatherings. What kind of places do these groups meet? How many show up?

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  11:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Like our nudist resorts, I respect the privacy of each visitor. This is why I've set up the forum so that email addresses are hidden, and any person can participate anonymously if they so choose. I'm sorry if it makes your friend uncomfortable if I choose to exercise that right myself. I'm not hiding, I'm just being selective about what information I publish. I recommend everyone do the same.

But you don't even post a first name. What would that hurt?

quote:

The person you referenced (without his permission) works with the company where I have the domain name registered on their server. It's a good solid backbone that serves up our pages quickly around the world. That's just the way I've got it set up. I'm sorry it's mysterious to you.

I don't need his permission to post public information.

quote:

I agree, speaking up about nudism at political hearings is extremely important. I would recommend any person considering this develop his or her public speaking skills before attempting this. There are programs available for little cost that help you become comfortable speaking about nudism before a camera. And lastly, as you know, there are differing schools within the nudist community concerning what is nudism and what is not. This only helps to dilute our message, In My Opinion.

Have you done it? What is your background in nudism? Do youknow what the laws are here in Florida about nudity? When it comes to public hearings we need everyone we can get to speak up, skilled or not.

quote:

It's good to hear you've met so many friends at nudist gatherings. What kind of places do these groups meet? How many show up?

We meet at nudist resorts and beaches, like Lake Como, Haulover, Cypress Cove. Are you new online? How come you don't know about them? I think a typical gathering would be about 30 people with a range of 4 to 100 in all.

Out of my mind.....

back in five minutes.

sacred

Posted - 12/20/2002 :  02:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Send sacred an AOL message  Click to see sacred's MSN Messenger address  Send sacred a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Anything that draws attention to genitalia, is not nudist-related.
Many nudist clubs and parks do not welcome piercings below the waist.

hmm ... this may be the standard line for piercing in the nudist community ... but as nudists aren't we trying to view the body as just the body. i didn’t get my below the waist piercing for sexual reasons i got them for the fun of it and my belly won't let me take them in and out at will ... i hope the nudist world is getting more open minded ... just like nudity ... piercing are fun not sexual ... it's not my fault someone else’s mind is in the gutter ... but i would like to enlighten them if i have the chance

may all needs be well met

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2002 :  7:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrNatural

Cheri, I agree with you to one point. Body piercings and genital jewelry is not appropriate among nudist families, since it has sexual connotations.

Penises have sexual connotations too. Should we ban them too?

Out of my mind.....

back in five minutes.

BVP2575

Posted - 12/27/2002 :  1:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Topic: Nude beaches in US Virgin Islands
I'm trying to be a first timer and traveling to St. Thomas in search of a clothing optional beach - haven't had any luck so far...does any one have any info on St. Thomas or St. John - please. I'm on a mission. Saw on the internet some fellow was arrested on St. John, Solomon Beach - nobody needs that. Thanks for any response. Barbara

Page: of 20 Previous Topic: Going shirtless/topless & bottomless preference Topic Next Topic: Nudism and Religion, Worship and more?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved