Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 420 ]  [ Total: 420 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 New to nudism? Beginners post your questions here.
 Airborne Gawkers
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude run Topic Next Topic: Yet another newibe asking questions.
Page: of 4

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  11:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pilot flying over Solair was never below 1000', giving sightseeing rides to other Solair members. Don't be paranoid - from that height you can't see anything anyway. Calling the FAA would be of no help since the flight was completely legal and safe at all times.

Edited by - nudeisbetter on 09/14/2010 11:59:03 AM

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  9:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's refreshing to see so many aviation types here. Pilots, ATC, A & Ps...makes one wonder whether there is a disproportionate representation of nudists in the aviation community or aviation folks in the nudist community...or both...

SandC
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  10:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just thinking that myself, pilot. Is it the adventurous spirit? :)

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  11:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps. But I don't particularly like the idea adventure while shooting an ILS to minimums...I'll settle for having the approach lights show up where they're supposed to be , when they're supposed to be there....

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  04:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never mind aircraft, I wonder if you can see nudists from space.
I had a look at my favorite beach http://tinyurl.com/34wyznd

Edited by - McNigel on 09/19/2010 04:16:21 AM

SandC
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  10:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IFR is not my idea of flying. That's just work. Flying into the back country and camping, now that's flying.

steve_c
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  11:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We to have an airport not far from us . basicly small planes and corporate jets . Most pilots know not to fly over the area. If they are caught , they will be radioed and be told to leave the area . but just a flyover is no big deal to anyone because they would have to look closely around and through catalpa trees which is difficult to do . :-P

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  09:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There were quite a few planes flying over the resort yesterday. Most were pretty high up but a few were pretty low. Gawkers? Hard to say as there is a small regional airport not too far away, so it could just be their normal approach. Either way I doubt they would have a good view.

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  12:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
interesting example of gawkers when we were at Paya Bay resort in Honduras, back in November 2011. There was a 2 seater sightseeing ultra light that flew over at about 150 feet ever day. It did'nt bother any of us staying at the resort that they might have a long distance view of us naked. Cheap thrills for the piLot who had to go out of his way to fly over our beach.
The freaky thing about this story is a week after we got home there was a news story on TV about the very same ultra light crashing and killing the pilot and passenger.

Edited by - steady78 on 05/20/2012 12:19:26 PM

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  1:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McNigel

That's the commercially available view. The government/military view is at least 10x as big. Probably they can count the hairs on your private parts, or lack thereof.

Bob Knows

prairieflya
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  4:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is why I always roll over when the satellites make their pass....

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Knows

quote:
Originally posted by McNigel

That's the commercially available view. The government/military view is at least 10x as big. Probably they can count the hairs on your private parts, or lack thereof.

Bob Knows

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2013 :  12:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New kid here and looking through information. This one regarding planes is interesting as we are on the approach for two local private landing strips. There have been time when the planes would go into a 'stall' over our place and when they recovered they would rock their wings. Often time the plane s are at tree top level and I am sure that the passengers have gotten a good look.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2013 :  08:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Occasionally we have a hot air balloon float down our valley but the winds have never taken them over our pool.

We are waiting for the day we can lay in the pool and wave at them. LOL

Diger

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2013 :  12:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsunami

I was at Solair in CT this past weekend and noticed several low flying general aviation aircraft circling the resort obviously gawking. I work in the aviation field and know the FAR altitude requirements for visual flight. I felt that these pilots were nothing but gawkers and felt uncomfortable and like I was on display. This is my first year as a nudist and was wondering if this is an issue at resorts and beaches and how nudist handle it.

The resort is really out in the country and the closest airport was over 5 miles away so low altitude visual flight wasnt necessary over the resort. And they were very low and circling the facility.

Has anyone every encountered this and how do you feel about it or handle it?

Laurie

Oh my- FAR 91.119. Perhaps Theodore Throttle was deliberately practicing ground reference maneuvers in his Super Wombat Mach II above your nudist resort and not monitoring that he was a thousand feet above and two-thousand feet horizontal from the nearest pair of breasts.

I was on Black's Beach some years back when a Cessna 210 made several low altiude, high speed passes over the beach. The Centurion was below the top of the cliffs and almost close enough to endanger the hang gliders in their multi-colored rogallo wings. With each pass the pilot buzzed the beach lower and lower, the Continental IO-520 firewalled at 2,700 rpm for maximum effect.

Fortunately on that day, the guys up at the glider port got his N-number and the Cessna was traced to a flying club over at Montgomery Field. Balls for brains was reportedly slapped on the wrists by the FAA.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  02:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hot Air Balloon rides and adventures are big out here where we live. We've had a few, on occasion, fly over and people wave.

Close enough to tell we were naked, not close enough to make out much detail. Only once did our nudist friends get a "thumbs up" and whistle. We were both inside fixing breakfast for our guests and missed it.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Nude run Topic Next Topic: Yet another newibe asking questions.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved