Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 172 ]  [ Total: 172 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

DUCHESS

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  5:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My parents introduced me and my siblings to Nudism many years ago...in Argentina.

DUCHESS

salsa_sami

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  5:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always had this feeling since childhood. But had a chance to really practice once I had my pwn aprtment. Like sleeping nude and being around nude. Then onlu last year started to out to camps in the NJ/NY area. I think I'm defenitely hooked now

anc35228
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  12:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit anc35228's Homepage  Send anc35228 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i have always wanted to try anything new. Being nude and in front of people was something i never thought i would try. but after my first time, i loved the idea of being free of my clothes. i have built confidence in my body and able to share that with all else i have met. i introduced the idea to Stacy, and she, at first, felt the same as i did... initially. but like me, she wanted to try things new. when she first stripped down on the beach, she felt very free and had no problems with her nudity. we are both hooked now.... but unfortunately, the summer time is the best time we can really enjoy our freedom.

:)

Jeff and Stacy

soak in the rays!!.. :)

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  3:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NakedEducator

Hi everyone

I first heard about nudism actually on TV, of all things. Back in the late 1970's, some of you may remember a man by the name of Dick Drost. He ran a nudist resort in Roselawn, Indiana by the name of Naked City. I didn't know it at the time, but I saw those words on the side of this one building everytime we'd either up I-65 towards Chicago or down I-65 towards Indianapolis. I became so fascinated with it, that I asked my parents what it was. Their answer, "You don't need to know about it." That was it, no other explanation given.
Five years later (at 17), I was nude for the first time outside of taking a shower. In 2003, took it socially.

Scott, the naked educator

Nineteen eighty... I was twenty-two and had been a veteran nudist for all of four years when I purchased a magazine seldom seen on a coffee table along with The Smithsonian or Wine Spectator. Nevertheless the publication did contain an article about Dick Drost's Naked City along with what proved to be a bit of hyperbole regarding the "nudist resort's" attractions, a well maintained 2,400 foot grass runway, nudist hotel and restaurant (and much-much more.)

With my powers of persuasion and B.S. I managed to convince a friend of mine this was the ticket to Shangri-La and that he should invest half the expense for the PA-23 Aztec from Kent, Ohio to Roselawn- Naked City International the next weekend. I repeated the key word -naked- and pointed to the glossy page with the nude dancing women: It took little else to convince Bryan. That done I called in advance for the current condition of the grass strip and was told by a female voice "a buncha them Piper Cubs come in all the time." That was a sufficient field report for me.

We raced over from Ohio to Indiana at 180 knots TAS and once over the field I bent the left wing in a steep bank over the midpoint of the airfield in a perfect pylon maneuver. The grass sure was green and inviting (except for the tall trees at both ends) but it was way shorter than advertised and there was an eighteen wheeler parked on the last hundred feet. No matter because I flew a perfect approach and bled the airspeed from blue line to Vref to just above stall as the main gear touched down...No carrier arresting cable could possible match the stopping power of tall soaked runway grass that hadn't been mowed in years. The university owned Aztec came to a screeching halt in under two hundred feet.

Now I've told you all that baloney so I can tell you this. The runway was an ominous foreshadowing to the rest of "the resort." Naked City was in fact a junkyard masquerading as a nudist park. Over to one side of the runway, out of an airline Twilight Zone, were a couple of Rolls Royce Avon engines from a British built Comet that Dick Drost supposedly owned somewhere. The main clubhouse looked as if it was built from some Bizzaro retro terrestrial spaceship architectural plans and included a hot tub juxtaposed along an old limousine. Trash was strewn everywhere. The two of us looked at each other while surveying this surreal scene. Where were the nudists?

After a fashion we met the head of this Manson clan, a guy in wheelchair being tended to by women in a hypnotic trance who looked nothing like those in the magazine. I looked at Bryan and Bryan looked at me:

"Why did you make me come all the way over here and spend all this money going havezies on the airplane?"

"Well how the hell was I supposed to know? You saw the magazine. The place was supposed to be crawling with nude models."

"If we don't get the plane back, the university flight school's going to know we came here and they need it for multi training o

photonpro
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  4:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I grew up in South Florida and was born in the mid 40s. I first started skinny dipping when I was around 11 at first with my sister, some 3 years older than me. Oddly enough there was a young mother of perhaps 30 who was widowed by the loss of her husband to cancer. Our families visited as her husband deteriorated and passed on. We hardly saw him but enjoyed the soon to be widows company. We used to like to use her swimming pool during the hot days of summer and fall. It became the center of our social lives at the time. The only other places to swim would be in the canals or at the beach, we pretty much found spots with enough privacy to skinny dip there as well.

One day, while visiting the widow, my sister asked my parents if we could swim nude, likely because we hadn’t thought to bring swim suites. They ask the widow if it would be OK and soon my sister and I were swimming nude. When her son came home he was allowed to join us he was around 13 and my sister was around 14. You might think that the dynamic of a group like this going about naked with each other would be sexually charged but it wasn’t. We didn’t even know what the term skinny dipping was till several years later. Later that evening after a dinner together the widow and her son along with my parents joined in with the rest of us swimming nude. There is such a freedom to it that is hard to explain. This became a regular thing and we usually brought part of the evening meal.

We also learned of a Nudist Colony in the Homestead aria now defunct. My dad was a helicopter pilot and on one occasion we visited the camp from the air. My dad had been there before but I was totally unprepared for what I was looking at. I was around 13 and other than family and close friends had never seen other girls my age nude. There were lots of them there. We never got naked and I have to admit I pretty much had a hard on the whole time we were there but it set a pattern for me. My family would always go swimming nude and on beaches where it was unlikely to be observed.

Later when I was in high school, my sister’s friends and some of my friends got into it and we used to go north of the north parking lot at Crandon Park on Key Biscayne. Nobody ever bothered you there. There were no Police on tricycles to hassle you. It spread by word of mouth among friends and soon there were many of us going there, including people you would never have suspected would get into the lifestyle. We usually went in the late afternoons until after dark sometimes starting fires and cooking.

We had an unspoken code though. There was never any sex in the common area of the beach and if you ran into someone you knew, you just didn’t talk about it, except with them. For the most part, singles never even knew it existed, if you got there as a single it was likely that your sister or brother brought you along or you were so tight with one of the couples that they were comfortable with you along.

Some of the guys would get and an erection from time to time but it wasn’t all that common, many of us had sisters and or girlfriends there and somehow that put a damper on the ideal of getting an erection around the group.

I’ve lost track of most of my friends from back then and I don’t think many are still living in the Miami area but I have been a lifelong nudist ever since, even though my wife and children can’t seem to embrace it except in private.

Clark

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  2:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always heard about nudism ever since I was a kid, however, it seemed to have mythic status. In the back of my mind I felt as though nude beaches and "nudist colonies" did not really exist and were simply a product of Hollywood. Then in 1984 I came across a copy of Lee Baxandall's World Guide to Nude Beaches and Recreation.

I'm an avid motorcyclist. At that time I would take off every year on a solo motorcycle trip or 1000 miles or more. I determined that that year my destination would be Assateague Island National Seashore which at the time had a nude beach. Alas, the weather turned bad and I arrived at Washington, D.C. cold and miserable. Forecasts were for even worse weather ahead. I concluded that no one, clothed or nude, would be on the beach in that weather so I simply saw the sights of D.C. and returned home.

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  9:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first memory of being nude with another person was 1957, under my aunt's house with the neighbor girl (age 8 or 9) Believe me it was HER idea (lol). We never touched ... just looked. The amazing part is that it didn't stop there; we used to find places to get nude, sit and talk. This went on until we were upstairs in my Grandparents house and the old lady neighbor saw us looking out a window. She made a bee-line for the telephone and the first we know of it, my Grandpa grabs my naked neck and marched me over to my clothes. Joyce (she is married to a Doctor now) hit the door going at least 30 mph and didn't slow down until she hit her back door about 100 yards away. Problem ... damn telephone got in the way again :) I never got to practice nudist activity again until I joined the Marine Corps in 1967 at 17, and since I was a Hollywood Marine, I gravitated to Blacks Beach. I still love all of the memories... damn it was fun and still is :)

bk-yd-nude

coveresid
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  01:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First started about 18 years ago when I was out hiking. Took off my shirt, then my shorts to just my underware. After hiking for a short time, I slipped those off and was hiking with only my shoes. From there, every time I could I would try to find an area to be nude while out sunning. I can't always be nude, but try to wear the least amount of clothing possible.

Started visiting some hot springs in the area and every once in awhile, some of the people would either be nude when I arrived or they would ask if they could go clothing optional. Each time I would join in. It did take me a long time to be comfortable being nude around other people, but now it is easy. I have been able to visit a few nude beaches and enjoyed it immensly, so look to continue this as often as possible.

Tim
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  12:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought maybe naturists existed but I realised they were just half a mile from me when the local newspaper reported that their main building burnt down and gave a rough idea where it was. I realised my tendency in childhood to take off all my clothes was natural and that adults really did do it too, it wasn't just something from the British "Carry on" films.

coveresid
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  02:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to enjoy getting nude in my backyard a few times when I was a teenager which was probably the first time of enjoying nudism. I also used to go wading and swimming in a stream close to the house and there were times that I would do this in the nude. But that was 30 years ago. I enjoyed it back then but was always by myself and then kind of stopped doing it once I was in my 20's and getting married. Early 30's I had a few times that I would get naked with the wife outdoors, but this was really very seldom. But we were down at a lake with friends on a houseboat for 4 nights and my wife and I were out floating on a inflatable raft and we did get a little sex play in and I ended up nude and laying in the sun, water and raft felt so nice. It was after this that I would find times to lose the clothes to enjoy the sun on my body and just the freedom of no clothes. My wife isn't comfortable with being nude outside for the most part. So I found times during hiking and at lunch to find a secluded place and enjoy nudism.

I then started to go to some natural hot springs in the area and that is where I first enjoyed a social experience with nudism. I would always enjoy the springs in the nude if no one else was there, but would put on a swim suit when someone else would come. Once a couple came and asked if clothing optional was alright. I sure didn't mind and so they just stripped on down and climbed in the water. So I was excited to join them and slipped off my suit. It was all very natural and it felt good to enjoy the water without a swimsuit again which is my preference. There have been other times at the springs that I have been able to enjoy nudism with others who are there. One time I stopped at the spring and there was another man there who was sitting in his chair naked and just enjoying the sun. It was nice to be comfortable enough to join in. But he also showed me how relaxing and comfortable it is being nude. When other people would come, we would slightly cover-up until we could see who the people were that were coming. If they had children, then we would stayed covered. If not then we would return to being nude. No one said anything to us so we were able to enjoy our time in the nude and would talk to the people and had a nice relaxing time. There was one couple that came and he promptly joined us. His wife though changed into a swimsuit and kept it on the entire time. But she acted at times like she wanted to join us nude, but was just a little too uncomfortable to join in. She did slip her staps down to minimize her tan lines there and even let the top slip down, but would then pull it up a little. This just showed me to be comfortable with nudism and not let the textile challened people always dictate my enjoyment of nudism. There have been a few times I was asked to put on a swimsuit. I will do it and then once they leave, it comes right back off. Since some of the springs are on private land and some have a sign prohibiting nudism, I feel I should comply if asked. But have no hesitation if the others are enjoying nudism to join in.

I have asked my wife to go to a clothing optional beach, but she refuses. She will join me at times being nude if we are alone, but not when other people are around. So I am limited in the chance to fully enjoy nudism like I would like. So I will just pick my times. She is use to me being nude around her since I always go in our hot tube nude unless there are other people around. She will start out in a swimsuit, and then take it off sometimes. So I am hoping she gets more comfortable with it and we can find other times out on the lake to enjoy nudism. This site is great and it has made me very comfortable in persuing nudism more. Just today I had a little bit of extra time while I'm out of town and so I went to a small lake close to where I am and spent the time nude in the sun. I even walked back to my car naked since there didn't appear to be any other people out on the beache

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  11:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was introduced through the YMCA as a youth to unisex pool and camp swimming and didn't give it a second thought. Just seemed natural, but no other public opportunities. As a lifegaurd and swimming instructor at pools and a lake during summer breaks while at university, we wore speedos as was common in those days (not 'bermuda shorts' as is so prevelent in N.A. nowadays).
To this day if a swim suit is required I wear only tasteful bikinis or micros for the near-naked feeling in and out of the water.
About 40 years ago while briefly working in S. California, I noticed a club sunbathing magazine on a newstand, and obtained the address of a local club. My letter of enquiry was promptly followed by a job-site visit by a coworker who was unknown to me. He grew up in a nudist family.
Two weekend day visits to their rustic friendly campground convinced me I was meant to be a naturist. Mostly private nudity since, but some beach and resort tanning areas over the years. Perhaps more social opportunities lie ahead.

nude1va
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  10:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A close friend and coworker and I were out doing a job near a landed club. He mentioned that he used to go to nude beaches when he lived in Fla and asked if i had ever tried it. I told him i would go nude around the house whenever i could but never in public. After that, we found a non-landed club closer to home. They would have hot tub parties once a month. He, his girlfriend, and I decided to go to a party. He informed me his girlfriend was not comfortable nude and may not disrobe. She was not there 5 min and felt uncomfortable wearing clothes around naked people and took hers off. We don't live close to each other anymore but for years if we were together all of us were usually nude. I really miss that because i'm usually by myself nude these days.

loves2bnude

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  8:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not exactly sure when I heard about it but I have always for as long as I can remember felt that if (non-sexual)nudity was indecent or wrong in anyway then humans would be born pre-clothed. I have friends who agree with me that the idea that nudity is wrong or indecent is to create the ILLUSION of one human being better than another. nudism is one of the greatest things in the world as far as i am concerned.

flexus42
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  09:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit flexus42's Homepage  Send flexus42 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

How did you first personally hear about nudism? What was it that brought you to try it? In other words, what method worked to catch your attention the first time you considered it? Was it someone else's efforts or your own?

Growing up, being nude never really occurred to me though I'd seen the magazines hidden in my dad's draw. As an adult I've enjoyed being nude but still didn't associate it with being a nudist. While stationed in Germany, I'd been in saunas and the like where nudity was expected and had no problem with it.

A few years ago, I began enjoying my "Naked Saturdays" where I'd spend most of Saturday morning nude in my home office. During a Naked Saturday in Sep '05, it occurred to me to investigate the subject of nudism. I found several good web sites, discussion groups, and blogs which I perused voraciously. I found that many of the concepts and philosophies of nudism and naturism appealed to me and fit well into my core beliefs and values.

I began exploring nudism further and spending more time nude at home when I had the opportunity. Finally, last week, I took my first big step into social nudism by attending a non-landed club event at a nudist park a couple hours away. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was as though I'd been a practicing nudist all my life and I'm looking forward to more opportunities to be nude.

I do not see nudity as a moral issue.

Rick

Asianaturist
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  10:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Asianaturist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a teenager, I went on a holiday with my parents to then-Yugoslavia (now Croatia).
The bus which took us from the airport to our hotel went past a barrier into a resort - to drop off guests - as if it were passing a frontier. That happened by night, so I didn't see any people around.
It was only at the end of our holiday, on the trip back on the same bus from our hotel to the airport that I understood the significance of the barrier. This time, the bus trip took place in daylight, and I saw what the area behind the barrier was: a naturist resort, full of people - men, women and children - wearing only sandals and hats at most. From then on, I was really interested in nude sunbathing, and a couple of years later, I tried it myself on a trip alone to the US, in Santa Barbara. Since then, I've hardly considered ever wearing swimming trunks again.

Asia ... As Naked As Possible
http://asianaturist.blogspot.com

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.26 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved