Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 448 ]  [ Total: 448 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  1:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never been to a nude resort, but my ex-husband convinced me to go to a nude beach at Lake Tahoe years ago. Well ok, it didn't really take that much convincing, because I'd been topless on a beach before, but it still took me half a day to get to the point where I could take off my suit bottom. Once I did, and realized that no one was paying any particular attention to me, I found that I enjoyed it a lot more. I've been to a few nude beaches and hot springs since then, and loved it.

He's my "ex" husband now, and mostly I'm only nude in the back yard. I do have one girlfriend who will occasionally go with me to a hot spring, but other than that I don't get to go as much as I'd like.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  01:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's ironic, Honeysuckle, that more people probably paid attention to you when you had your swimsuit on at Secret Cove. Taking it off made you look like just another nudist at that gorgeous beach. If they only get rid of those pesky yellow jackets that lurk around on the coarse sand.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  11:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

It's ironic, Honeysuckle, that more people probably paid attention to you when you had your swimsuit on at Secret Cove.

Is that the beach at Tahoe? It's been several years since we went, and didn't remember the name. It's so beautiful there. Do you know if it's still nude? I'd love to go back :)

TheMagicDucky
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  5:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use to lay out behind the carriage house as a teenager back east. Sometimes my gf at the time (which ever one I was dating) would join me. Later, discoverred the nude beaches in England when I was stationed there. Not bad, just not fun being sand blasted by the winds off the channel. Fast forward a decade or so, and in a nudist chat room, a member at a local camp was in there, and invited me and the wife out. She didn't take much convincing, and went out a couple of weeks later. Visitted a few more times..and were members the following year. The rest is history. Wife and I love it. Our home away from home. We feel it's the most relaxing place to be. Peace

Just your average mallard.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  7:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by honeysuckle

quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

It's ironic, Honeysuckle, that more people probably paid attention to you when you had your swimsuit on at Secret Cove.

Is that the beach at Tahoe? It's been several years since we went, and didn't remember the name. It's so beautiful there. Do you know if it's still nude? I'd love to go back :)

Never fear, Honeysuckle, the beach is on the Nevada (anything goes on in Nevada!)side of the lake. I went there last Labor Day weekend, and it was nicely nude. The beach still has a "Mayor" who keeps things running smoothly, and insures that people pick up all their litter. This is the cleanest beach on the lake.

Perhaps you remember taking Nevada state highway 28, and finding a parking lot on the lake side of the rode. Then you might have walked along a dirt road to the place where you walked downhill to the nude beach. The beach is as nude as you can get.

This lake is the first nude place I went to outside of a nudist resort. It was more of a free-wheeling beach where not everybody took of their clothing, although most of them did. I didn't know what time of the day to still be able to grab a parking spot in the space-limited lot, so I got there early - about nine in the morning. Just a few people where there, all clothed. I lay down on the beach, got some sleep until more people might be there. I didn't take off my clothing, because -- what if I were at a traditional beach?? I was quite conservative about being nude. When other people arrived later on, and I saw them disrobing, I joined "suit" or lack of a suit. LOL From then on, it was a nude day at the beach. I was glad I had suntan lotion; the sun's rays hit you hard at the elevation (about 6200 feet).

Overall, my first time at nudism away from a nudist resort was a good one. The only apprehension was not being in a protected nudist environment, although that wore off soon enough. Boats would dock at Secret Cove, and its inhabitants would dive nude into the water, and join us. One woman kayaked into the beach from another one, and joined the crowd as a nudist. Good sport, she was. Later, she claimed she was bored, so she left. At least she was adventurous enough to bare all in a group.

It's not a packed group, but a moderate one, leaving plenty of room for more. It's not like the highly crowded European beaches with their one square foot per person (I exaggerate to illustrate my impression of them). Nothing like being nude at a beach, and having the world's most spectacular lake right in front of you. Mark Twain would have been proud of us visitors!!

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  11:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Warmskin ... yes, that's the one I remember. It's such a beautiful setting. You're right about how intense the sun is ... but it sure felt good after that freeeeeeeeeeezing water!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  02:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You noticed that water was cold? That's odd, no one else that I know of has ever commented that it is cold.

Just kidding! Yes, it is, but since it's about 1700 feet deep, and has some snow-fed springs, it can get cold. That's why I bring an inflatable air mattress along, so I can float around on the bay. Talk about the feeling of complete abandonment! Nothing like floating around nude with the Sierra mountains in front of you. For me, it can feel surrealistic, but in a positive way.

There is a website for Secret Cove, as there should be. I can find it and post it in an appropriate thread.

For a first general public nudist experience, you can't beat Secret Cove.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  03:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here you go, Honeysuckle, the website for my first-time public beach nude experience.

http://www.secretcovenevada.com/

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  12:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Warmskin :) ... yes, that's where we were. I might even be in some of the photos ... I'll be the one hiding behind a rock .. lol

Just kidding .. lol. It was a very pleasant first-time experience and I'd definitely love to go back.

Carole

Edited by - n/a on 11/25/2008 12:29:07 PM

vikinwarrior

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  12:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Send vikinwarrior a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
when we first had satelitte tv in the uk we got loads of german channels. What an education :)

Nudejoe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  10:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first time that I became aware of nudism was when I was 12 years old. I was talking to a friend of mine whom I had a crush on at the time about various subjects and I asked her at one point what she was planning to do for the weekend since it was going to the July 4th weekend. I was planning to go to a local park but she told me that her family was planning to attend the beach. Since I already mentioned that I had a crush on her at the time, I told her that I much rather go with her and her family to the beach. She seemed to hesitate before responding when I said that and I asked her if I had said something wrong.

She told me that I could go to the beach with her and her family but I needed to know something about the beach first before deciding if I wanted to go. I asked her what it was. She told me that the beach that she was going to was a nudist beach. I had not heard that term prior so I asked her what that meant. She told me that at a nudist beach, people go to the beach and take off all their clothes. When she said it to me, I thought I might have misheard her so I asked her to repeat it and she told me again that people had to go without clothes at this particular beach. She told me that if I went with them, I would have to take off my clothes before being allowed to enter the beach. Only really little kids were allowed to go to the beach with clothes but at my age, it was expected that I would go without clothing.

I think I must have turned 20 shades of red when I started thinking about getting naked in front of people as I was a shy kid growing up and I do not think my mom would have ever allowed me to go to such a beach. It was obvious to her that I was embarrassed to find out what a nude beach meant but she told me that I should not be embarrassed as I would not be the only person that was nude and no one really cares to look at me if I did. I decided not to go.

She is grown up now and married. I do not see her very much so I wonder if she practices going to nude beaches with her husband. I am not sure if there is a polite way to bring up the subject but I hope to one day find her at one of the nudist beaches and surprise her by meeting her there with my myself nude and reminding her of that introduction so long ago as children.

Edited by - Nudejoe on 07/17/2009 11:01:53 PM

KristyM

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  07:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My aunt and uncle and cousin used to go regularly to a resort in Virginia called White Tail Park. One summer my cousin (also a female, four years older than me, very much like an older sister) asked if I wanted to go along. My parents were OK with it. I was very nervous but very interested, too, so I said yes. I have never been self-conscious about my body or about myself, so it was a relatively minor adjustment period. Had a great time. Went every summer after that with my cousin until I left for college.

gbanude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  12:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Send gbanude an AOL message  Send gbanude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was walking up Park Ave. in Manhattan and in the window of this independent bookseller was a book called "The World Guide to Nude Beaches and Recreation". This was 1982...waaay before the internet.

tetrahedron

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  09:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit tetrahedron's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Having read many of the posts on this topic, I am sure that many of you would like to read in detail about how I first became a nautrist as a teenager. If so, click on: http://skinbook.ning.com/profiles/blogs/a-short-autobiography-of-a?xg_source=activity

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love to hear your story, but the above link takes me only to a sign in page, and I am not a member. Do give us at least a synopsis here!

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved