Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 301 ]  [ Total: 301 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Where do you stand on Male Arousal?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell
Page: of 67

MichiganMan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  02:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to revive a dormant forum, however:
In the unlikely event that one does experience an erection, does it become a judgement call of the individual whether stopping to cover it would draw more attention to it- in the sense of practicallity. If you're in the middle of something, couldn't ceasing that activity spontaneously cause others to be either puzzled or just figure out what's happening.
I'm not looking for a heated debate, just a what's the best reaction question.

Ronps
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  09:13:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't believe this will ever be a dormant issue with Men. I can't imagine stopping a volley ball game or table tennis, to go get a towel so I can then sport a tent and feel real stupid. Why would I hide what is natural in a natural setting?

Naked_Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  10:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having been to a nude beach a few times, I've seen a few erections popping up or sticking out. Sure, people noticed but nobody RUDELY stared or gawked or acted offended. An erection is natural and healthy just as a woman's nipples when they get erect.

I didn't get one myself, except for when I was in the water, which always gets me semi-hard.

I wouldn't go to a nude beach that frowned upon erections - its as natural as apple pie. I do however frown upon some dude manipulating himself to arousal just to shock people. I don't think that should be tolerated but springing a boner just because we do, no big deal.

Duke_of_Leeds

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  2:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, there is really nothing specifically sexually stimulating about the nudity of either men or women.
Second, there is nothing at all "unnatural" about a male with an erection.
Third, depending upon the situation, surroundings, and intents a boy or man may or may not be able to prevent or reduce "the swelling" immediately.
Fourth, what possible difference does it make--this ranks right up there with concern over erect nipples when cold or wet.

nudedude56
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  4:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just lying out in the hammock in 95 deg. feels great and popped one as the sun was blazing on me. no biggee. it was gone soon and I just came in to get another beer. gotta love it!!!! the wife says those things have a mind of their own. lol.

bnut25

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  2:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMO, as long as you don't bother anyone else with your erection, I think its perfectly fine. I, for the most part, can control my erections. However, there are times where it just comes out suddenly...thats natural.

DianH
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  01:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been going to Haulover and Gunnison beach for 30+ years. I've seen erections every time I've been at them. What's the big deal? It's as natural as a nipple hardening from a cool breeze.

This idea that nudism is completely asexual is ridiculous. Sexuality oozes from people - even when our clothes are on! The anti-sex puritans that want to shut down nude beaches will still want to if erections are "banned." The way to fight them is not to embrace their arguments, but to promote rational thought and the principle that everyone has the right to do whatever they want as long as it does not impede the rights of others to do the same.

lionfan

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  08:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to brcrk!
My wife and I are going to HBR in April and have signed on to several forums. Some of the post on this topic disturbed me greatly as this will be out first visit to a clothing optional resort. I am 58 yrs. and healthy, therefore I do still get random erections. Now, after reading comments from apparently "expert" nudist I am shocked to discover there are so many rules for being naked. I understand respect, discretion, etc., but it seems some people are so "elitist" in their views that we were considering cancelling our trip.
That said, comments made by brcrk, we are still going. Your positive, common sense remarks are refreshing to say the least. Thanks again.

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  09:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The obvious must be stated: Men have very little control over an erection. Once that horse is out of the barn, not a whole lot can be done. Male nudists don't visit naturist sites in order to get an erection. Toss a towel over the erection until it passes. If you're playing volleyball or hiking or otherwise engaged with others, decent nudists will look the other way.

To gain confidence I always heard: "Imagine the person sitting in his underwear." Funny, I had nothing on at all.

naken
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  9:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In response to the original question--- A good arousal will stand on its own..lol

lionfan

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  10:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen to that, Naken!!

Psycho K
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  05:17:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I understand, "acceptance" is a major concept in nude lifestyles overall. No clothes that will potentially generate impressions that are less than helpful; you just get the person and ideally you're going to be okay with that. Sexual aspects of humanity are probably most clear when said humans are naked and there is no way you can argue that such a thing is unnatural. What we consider natural is not always compatible with the views on what constitutes a "civilization" for some reason.

Now, we've already taken a harmless step toward better compensation of what makes us as individuals comfortable by being nudists. It does not make the least bit of sense to me that a (clearer) revelation of something that definitely happens with clothes on too is "too far" somehow. Yeah, courtesy is one thing, but having to throw down a smoke bomb and vanish while you have an erection up seems awful silly. Let me pick up on that courtesy issue.

If public nudity ever became widespread or even a (vast) majority, there would be some serious social change necessary. Some explicit, others unspoken. I live in NYC so I know a thing or two about feeling packed like canned goods. In a nude scenario, this just would not (should not) happen. Personal space would just get major upgrades, so crammed A trains during the weekday rush hour would go extinct.

Getting back to the central issue, higher rates of arousal seem like inevitable phenomena (especially for newbies) when you're not wearing clothes in a world that mostly does. It's compensated for by having better regard for personal space and having a community that doesn't stare at erections with the eyes of an angry gorgon or get completely mesmerized somehow. I am probably of a more far-reaching end that would not see anything wrong with a guy a good distance away from others lying on his back spreadeagled on the beach soaking up the sun while erect (it probably occurred during). I would hope parent x somewhere within the vicinity wouldn't feel uncomfortable about their kid seeing such a thing.

Edited by - Psycho K on 08/07/2010 05:27:16 AM

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  5:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I must re-iterate that I do not stand on any part of a man's aroused member. I'm not that sadistic, except when dealing with relatives.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground."
Thomas Jefferson

docfreeman47
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  6:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You all have touched the subject well. As a new nudist, I have been worried about this controversial subject. If it happens you have supplied the answers, first and foremost to do your best to be courteous to others.

Oh yes, what are you doing to learn contrllll?LOL

Mister Pappy

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  03:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe this is a topic among so called "naturists". What is natural is natural. What is overt is overt. Men and women get excited and exibit ourtward signs of it, so what? This subject is as arcane as the subject of topless men vs. topless women! Be natural, be respectful, and be happy. What the crap is all this nonesense about erections?

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Page: of 67 Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved