Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 158 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Personal Ads - Free!
 Stories - My First Time As A Nudist
 My first nude swim
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My First Social Nude event Topic Next Topic: First Time - In public - in 2012
Page: of 9

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  7:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheri, like laura, was a little worried about melissa's absence, and thought she might be ill. glad to know she's fine. thanks.

Stibw
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2004 :  03:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope to hear from Melissa again soon. Her comments are great to read.

Bernie

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2004 :  12:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa also posts on another message board. She tends to visit this one more often but she has posted a few times this past week on the other message board we visit.

She is alive, well and still fun to read!

Stibw
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2004 :  10:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf thanks for the update. By the way my first nude swim was at a nude beach (Sauvie Island) in Oregon, and the Columbia River was cold !

Bernie

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  01:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have some good friends that visit that same place Stibw.

We hope to get up to Oregon/Washington to visit them and visit their nude beach there this summer.

Edited by - FireProf on 05/01/2004 01:05:48 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  07:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We went to Rooster Rock a few times in the Columbia Gorge. It was a beautiful place to go nude, but the water water ice cold!

Kim =^.^=

Stibw
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  02:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Sauvie Island better than Rooster Rock. It's got a better atmosphere, have friendlier people, and easier to get from the car to the beach. But Kim is right, Rooster Rock is very scenic. Water is usually very cold in the Columbia River, but the water temp in August is tolerable for a quick swim.

FireProf there is no legal nude beach in Washington. The only one I checked out before was south of Larrebee State Park (Dogfish Bay), and the beach was not very nice.

Bernie

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  04:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bernie we went to Teddybear Cove near Bellingham, by Larrbie State Park. There was another c/o beach on Chuckanut drive a couple of miles into Skagit County, if you were coming from the North. It was bigger than Teddybear, had more sand.

Kim =^.^=

Stibw
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  05:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim, I read Teddybear Cove is very close to the Larrebee State Park campground. Is it save to be nude there ? I heard people got ticketed around there before.

Bernie

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  3:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stibw,

I mentioned Oregon/Washington because they live near the border of both states. I think they go to the beach you mentioned on Sauve Island. Is that near the border of Oregon/Washington?
When they do visit that beach, it's usually a weekend trip because of its proximatey to their home.

By the way...I know what you mean. There are no legal nude beaches in California either, but we've got a bunch of nice ones everyone goes nude on.

Edited by - FireProf on 05/03/2004 3:06:19 PM

Stibw
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  10:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf, both state-sanctioned nude beaches are on Columbia River along the Oregon/Washington border. Sauvie Island is closer to Portland and is west of Portland, Rooster Rock that Kim mentioned is about 30 miles east of Portland on I-84. They are both easy to get to.

I thought California has some State-sanctioned nude beach like the one south of Pacifica (I forgot the name), and Blacks Beach. May be I am wrong and they are just tolerated by the authority.

Bernie

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  12:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stibw,

that's correct. Both San Onofre and Blacks beaches are not legal nude beaches but the authorities have stated that they will only ticket when complaints are lodged.

San Onofre is a little different, in that, the rangers and lifeguards actually help the nudist out when there is a problem. This may be at Blacks, but we have yet to visit this beach.

We belong to the Friends of San Onofre Beach group and donate money each year to the Rangers and Lifeguards so they can purchase equipment, etc. We also patrol the beach like the ambassadors at Haulover in Fl. We police ourselves so it takes the load off the rangers and lifeguards. In turn, they are very friendly and helpful towards the nudists.

Our friends live about 20 mins outside of Portland in Washington. I believe in Brush Prairie, Wash.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  03:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bernie there didn't seem to be any problems when we went to Teddybear, but it has been a year or two since, things may have changed.

Kim =^.^=

Stibw
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  04:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim I checked the web site of the local newspaper today, which had a guide on local outdoor activities including hiking and beach walks. It stated that nudism was the norm at Teddybear in the past but not anymore. And I also heard about park rangers harassing nudist around the Larrabee State Park. I may check it out this summer to see what's going there.

FireProf, your friends live pretty close to both beaches (less than an hour away). They are nice beaches. Let me know what you think after your visits if you indeed make it up here this summer.

Bernie

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  05:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats a shame Bernie, as liberal as the state is you would think they would be less likely to harrass nudists, unless the nudists were doing something other than just being nude.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: My First Social Nude event Topic Next Topic: First Time - In public - in 2012  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.16 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved