Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 152 ]  [ Total: 152 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 NRO Lurking
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Desert Shadows Inn/Purchase? Topic Next Topic: Are there any Nude personals ad site on the web?
Page: of 6

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  04:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think a lot has to be said for type of people we have here. We have people from all walks of life, and with a common interest. This forum can go no where but up. Another thing nice about this board is there are no "clics" that exclude people. Everyone is welcomed, and encouraged to participate.

Kim =^.^=

Corasol
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  2:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mélissa and Randy,
Thanks for your reply...

Mélissa, I speak "French" at home and in my surounding
In English, I feel a bit hackward... most of the time it take me many words to say what someone else could do in a few words...

Randy, me too I sort of got pull in by the topics... I like when I feel that I have something constructive to add....

Peace

Corasol

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  5:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Happy nude year to everyone!
I think it would be better to sort the members by the number of times they visit the site rather than the number of posts they make, a lot of members are seeking information, and when the time is right for them, they will post.
just like your first nude visit to a resort or club, the time has to be right.
As an after thought, could an open invitation to join us be added for when a non-member comes to visit?

Just me Willy

Edited by - nudetoo on 12/12/2003 5:23:17 PM

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  8:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now those are a couple of interesting suggestions!

I was thinking about sorting members by number of visits, but isn't that something more on the private side, the times you visit? Although it would be nice to recognize those that follow our boards closely.

A visible invitation to join would be a necessity, I agree. I'd have to find a way to add it at the top without creating clutter, as a permanent part of each page. I wouldn't want to use popups or anything like that.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  8:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kevin,

without going into details about the number of visits, can you simply note by a symbol a certain range. like no smilies up to 100, one from 100-250, 2 for 251-500, 3 for 501-750, four for 751-1000, and 5 for more than 1000, or a color code or anything else you or other folks can come up with

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kevin,

What about a page where we can invite others to join the forum? Like MSN Messengers uses for people who aren't registered. An e-mail message gets sent to prospective members saying that

For example:
<member> has invited (or recommended) that you join NRO. Click here to register.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  2:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A color coded or smiley system would be nice. You could instantly tell how much interest this person has been showing. The modification would take some time, but it's possible. Thanks for that.

An invite page would be a nice tool, but I'd have to tie it in to the previous new feature, so those that sign up just to spam can't use the system, at least until their attendance is high.

Forgive me if these features don't show up real soon, but I will definitely mark them down for future changes. Nice brainstorming!

There is one thing that could be done soon. Someone with great copy writing skills and some spare time could draft a compelling invitation for members to use in their private emails. Ideas anyone? Where are our great marketing geniuses in here?

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  08:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kevin,

The Forum application that your using is Open Source isn't it? Do you play around with the ASP code in order to make these changes?

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  2:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Old thread, but worth bumping just to provide a deserved reply. Sorry I missed this one.

Yes, that's exactly what I do. The Snitz forum software is open source, so if there are any ASP programmers out there that would like to help create a few custom modifications to our nudist Snitz forum that aren't currently being developed, give me a shout! (PM or email.)

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  01:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I refer people to this forum. If others do that, I can understand the large number of people who come here to read. OTOH, I think many also ask questions and contribute to the discussion, making up the 20%. It is good that they do. I think those that come here for sex have so many other places to go that this site would hold little appeal. Knowing whether they logged on more than once or twice would tell us that.

Most important of all are the people who provide the answers, IMHO. It seems that a smaller number of members post a great many of the answers, like Cheri. I think we owe a great big thank you to those members.

Mnstnz
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  1:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Mnstnz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad this was bumped up to see. I read the forum everyday, so far I have posted very little. This is a great forum and true to the nudist ideas. hope everyone is having a happy and nude day!

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  3:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since Ive joined I feel I have contributed quite frequently. Each day I look at the "active topics" and go down the list posting where I have something to say. I dont really understand being in chat forums such as this and not posting. My daughter is the same way. She is the one who got me to check out chat forums in general, and I really enjoy this one.

Jenn

nudistmale1956
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  9:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Send nudistmale1956 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey...I just joined today and believe I have posted 6 messages.

jake4545
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  8:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Send jake4545 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I will admit I "lurk" more than I post here, but I do it only to educate myself on what looks like my new lifestyle. I have always enjoyed being nude around my house, and until I found this forum and had the chance to talk to some very nice people, I had my doubts as to whether or not I could attend a social gathering such as a resort or beach. Thanks to all that post here, you information has been invaluable.

Take a chance Columbus did!

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  08:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudistmale1956

Hey...I just joined today and believe I have posted 6 messages.

Yes, and in fact, by the time I got to the forums, you had posted many times more than that.

Thanks for doing so as it makes the forums that much more interesting (and diverse).

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Desert Shadows Inn/Purchase? Topic Next Topic: Are there any Nude personals ad site on the web?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved