Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 160 ]  [ Total: 160 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Suggested Rules Of Behavior
 Nudists Showing Affection
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What is the nudist ethic? Topic Next Topic: An overview of nudist Rules of Behavior
Page: of 4

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  8:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is why a lot of people prefer home-nudism or nudism with a small, close circle of friends. Not having to worry about how they're sitting, how they relate to their mate physically or how candidly they express themselves can be worth giving up resort nudism for these people. Nothing wrong with that.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  4:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Nudony:

My wife and I visit travel to all diff nudist resorts in the country and enjoy ourselves, no matter where we maybe, and certainly play by the rules of each venue.

But we also have a circle of nudist friends who entertain at our home and also visit their homes, and he have lots of good clean fun.

This weekend being Super Bowl Weekend, we are traveling down to Conn. to some nudist friends home along with approx 6 other couples, and before the game starts, we will all be running to and fro from the hot tub.

Last year we did the same thing at an other couples home and we all watched the Super Bowl
"NUDE"!

We had a blast!!!

Go Seahawks!!!!

Cookie

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  10:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we, nudists and nudist venue owners and managers, can become too restrictive when it comes to restricting Public Displays of Affection (PDA's).

My wife asks me to apply sunscreen to her back when we're out sunning at a resort or the beach. I find myself applying this sunscreen so quickly and in such a non-loving manner because I don't want anyone thinking we are getting too friendly with each other.

I don't see anything wrong with applying sunscreen to the Prof's butt,legs and back slowly, deliberately and evenly so we minimize the risk of sunburn. No one seems to mind until I get to the buttocks and then all heads turn to watch. I think we just get to paranoid about what might happen and react instead of waiting til it happens then take action, like telling those getting too friendly that their actions are inappropriate for the setting or environment.

Other signs of affection should not be taboo as well. I don't see anything wrong with kissing the Prof in a nudist setting. I don't see anything wrong with patting her on the butt, putting my arms around her waist, hugging her or even her sitting on my lap. I don't think we need to be as paranoid as we tend to be.

Elrin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  9:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I've seen here, and on other forums like this, it seems like there is a trend: Nudists - espcially those in "charge", being a bit more paranoid than neccesary - not because they mean to be nasty, but because they care, and don't want a bad name or image of themselves to go out into the world.

I was in a similar situation when I ran a movie-club a few years ago. We showed overseas movies that were not brought in by the big distributors. We asked permission from the copyright holders, and had an agreement with the ratings board (renamed from the censor board). However, we were extra-carefull - more than really neccesary, because there were others out there who used the excuse of holding "screenings" to copy movies. We did not want to be associated with those "bad guys".

I nudism, I think the same happens. There are certain people who unfortunately do seriously offend people in the general public, and cause politicians to worry and make a big fuss. As I see it, nudists are therefore trying extra hard to say: "We're not like that!"

However, I believe there is a balance that needs to be maintained, or there will be an eventual backlash. If a devoted couple cannot show simple affection to each other in the same way they can in a clothed environment, I believe things are not quite right. Yes, I'm still a newlywed, but I feel it is important to be able to show some affection towards her, and fully intend to build and maintain that habit. I think it is wonderful to see an 80-year old couple holding hands, hugging - clearly still as much in love as when they were married. Call me naive if you wish, but I feel that if a society (or any sub-division thereof) does not allow that kind of nurturing, positive behaviour, it just cannot be good in the long term.

With tongue-in-cheek, here's a few simple examples of showing affection I'm not sure I'd be allowed to do nude, but certainly do have no problem doing clothed:

Can I give her a decent hug while we are sitting down somewhere?
May I give my wife a piggy-back ride when she's tired?
Can I stroke her knee while sitting down to dinner?
May I blow into her ear or give her a kiss?
Can she sit in my lap with me holding her?
Can she rub my chest and shoulders?
Can we give each other a shoulder/foot/face/back massage?

All of these things, I feel I can, and have done while clothed without feeling I'm doing something offending. I have done most of these in countries that traditionally don't even allow couples to touch each other 1 generation ago. Are they sexual? Depends on your viewpoint I guess, but to us, these things are ways of showing that we care, that we appreciate each other.

So - can I do these things nude without getting in trouble at your club/beach?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  12:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of the 7 things you listed, I'd say..........I don't see any problem with doing any of them nor do I think you'll be reprimanded or asked to leave for doing them.

Just my opinion and from what I've seen at various resorts we've been to, many others have done those very things and have not had a problem.

Elrin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  9:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If what you say is indeed the case FireProf, I am very glad to know that!

I must admit that I sometimes get very mixed ideas in my mind as to what people really think about this issue. Guess it's because there are different strokes for different folks...

solarianus

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  1:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got to agree with Elrin and FireProf. The entire point of a nude beach is to be more comfortable......if you are actually less comfortable there, then there is no point in even having a nude beach. you might as well go down a couple miles....put swimsuits on, but actually be able to rub each other's shoulders or apply sunscreen.

naturist58
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  11:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Send naturist58 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Elrin, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who dotes on his spouse & uses every waking moment doing so. I am almost 64 & my wife (married just 2 yrs) is 51. We are at the lanes for like 3 hrs twice a week on leagues & I hold her, kiss her, rub her legs, etc. in full view of anyone & everyone & have absolutely no one I feel it's necessary to apologize to. I would do the same things while nude in any resort or beach and dare anyone to tell me it's inappropriate. The only difference (the one thing I do at the lanes that I would not do while nude around other nudists) is occasionally trying to cop a feel under the table, something no one sees or is even aware of. Discretion is observed most of the time but it's not much fun. LOL John

naturist58

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  2:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
NRO is a place for opinions, and I’m putting mine out here whether or not it’s popular. I’m not one to be dictated to about my behavior or to keep quiet when I think someone else is having his or hers brought unfairly into question. I have nothing to feel guilty about with regard to how I relate to someone I care for. And I’m sick to death of people pontificating and trying to lord over and rule others and direct their personal behavior. That’s done quite enough by 75% of the world’s governments.

I’m going back to the start here:

quote:
Originally posted by Marco

Is it genrally ok to show affection to your partner on a nudist beach. We often kiss and hug and sometimes stroke each others bodies we never do anything sexual but are just loving

quote:
Originally posted by spadoc

In a word...NO!!! Any conduct that is sexual in nature is rude and gives the authorities an excuse to close down the beaches. I am sure you can control yourselves until you get home or to a private place. I for one don't care to watch.

In a word…YES!!!
Who died and made you king? Marco did not say he was fondling. He did say: kiss, hug & stroke. Stroke can mean an arm, leg, hand, forearm, shoulder, neck, face, I could go on forever. He also said “we never do anything sexual but are just loving.” So don’t be so presumptuous as to assume that he means anything more. Marco specifically stated that his touch was not of a sexual nature. Any attempt to repress someone’s simple expression of love, affection and emotion is not only rude, it’s also deplorable. Is it so horrible to see two people in love and showing kindness and affection? Does it make one who’s lacking those things in his/her own life want them for one’s self or does it embarrass? Then look away. The alternatives would be to witness selfishness, indifference, coldness and distance. Anyone who thinks that simple displays of public affection are inappropriate, shocking and provocative, should leave the nudist world and put on sackcloth or maybe a burka that covers the shameful face as well.

Everyone wants more women involved, but they’re ashamed or afraid to allow a pleasant aspect of human nature that all real women and all real men love, into our environment.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  5:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Randy,
Couldn't agree more, we are affectionate at the nude beach, just as we are at the textile beach. We can even be a little playful at times, and this can all be done without crossing the line of sexual behavior.

Diger

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  5:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can't we all just admit that we're sexual creatures, that there is a place in this world for sexuality and that kind of affection, and that the place for it is not out in the open at a nudist/ clothing optional venue? Further, can't we accept that people can be loving toward each other in non-sexual ways without it being a federal crime? Golly, this isn't rocket science, is it????

Melissa

ps- Maybe it's just been a long day with the kids and I'm seeing things in black and white by now, but this one just seems obvious to me

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  8:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree with you more Melissa! Affection is not a federal crime.

I just take exception with those finger pointers and shakers who aren't smart enough to know the difference between having sex and displays of affection, like hugging and holding hands. I've even heard some of them who seem to think they can dictate the number of seconds they will allow a hug to be held- really!

whitey100
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  8:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa.....I'm not sure of your position when you said "Can't we all just admit that we're sexual creatures, that there is a place in this world for sexuality and that kind of affection, and that the place for it is not out in the open at a nudist/ clothing optional venue? Further, can't we accept that people can be loving toward each other in non-sexual ways without it being a federal crime? Golly, this isn't rocket science, is it????"

First it seems that you think "affection" is out of place at a nude resort. Then,in the next sentence you seem to feel that expressions of love in "non-sexual" ways should be acceptable.

Where DOyou stand on this issue?

whitey100

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  9:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I said sexual kind of affection shouldn't be allowed in the open at a nudist venue.... I thought that was clear. If not, let me be clear about that now by stating so in the previous sentence. Affection is fine, it's just the sexual affection that should be behind closed-doors, whether in nudist or clothed environments. Like I said, it's not rocket science. I thought I spoke pretty clearly.

Melissa

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  12:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

I think I said sexual kind of affection shouldn't be allowed in the open at a nudist venue.... I thought that was clear. If not, let me be clear about that now by stating so in the previous sentence. Affection is fine, it's just the sexual affection that should be behind closed-doors, whether in nudist or clothed environments. Like I said, it's not rocket science. I thought I spoke pretty clearly.

Melissa

I heard you loud and clear. If I could paraphrase, you said something along the lines of "PDA's have nothing to do with clothes. The one's that are acceptable in the textile world should be fine, and the ones that go too far in the textile world should likewise be kept private". You also touched on the fact that just because naturism has nothing to do with sex, it doesn't mean nudists have all somehow become asexual.

Apparently, rocket science is the new brain surgery.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: What is the nudist ethic? Topic Next Topic: An overview of nudist Rules of Behavior  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved