Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 498 ]  [ Total: 499 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Site News
 Comments about website, bug reports, etc.
 Help us find the bugs! Report problems here.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Website was down Topic Next Topic: Spam, Spam, Spam
Page: of 7

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  08:10:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olefred

I got spammed last night through this website. It was a money scam, one where they want me to deposit money for them. Has anyone else gotten this?

Got the e-mail from "Princess Fatu", and forwarded a copy to ADMIN. As soon as I know we don't need the info for tracking, I'll deep-six it. Just another variant on the "Nigerian" scam.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  9:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, this #&$@)& spam has been mentioned in several other sicussions, and the spammer banned, which would not prevent the same technique being used again.

The fact that this was posted in several places reminds me of an increasing situation. There are several different thread lines relating to Nudist Weddings, probably twenty on Body Piercing questions, and significant other duplications. There are a bunch of monthly "Just Chatting" threads, too.
Wouldn't the site run better if these were collected in major headings instead of scattered: such as Nudist ceremonies, Body Piercing, and one for all the Just Chattings?

Some of the anciet ones, like those announcing events that were coming up in the future of three years ago probably should just be eliminated.

John Froelich (Balataf)

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  6:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good suggestions! Keep them coming, we work on them as time allows. Most recently the Nudist News page has been entirely rebuilt.

werdna
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  09:03:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Olefred, yes, in the last 24 hours I have received three from the same source. My login name is never quite spelled correctly though so it is quite obviously a phishing exercise. Just delete them and report to your server as junk and they may be able to filter them out.

My problem is a bit more serious. Since regestering on this site, my computer has died three out of the seven last logins to this site and I have had to completely clean up the `C` drive and try again. It has only happened once after I have successfully logged in and when I have been posting. I am almost expecting it to die when I left click on `submit` for this one!. It only happens on this site. I have been able to log into and post on several school and ex navy sites without any trouble at all.
The problem may be at my end and for everyones sake, I hope so.

Regards Andrew.

If you have half-life parties, life becomes one big party the older one gets.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  7:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was spammed today with a "phishing" private message from "nudekiwi." Despite the name, his profile says he's British, but that probably isn't true either.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  7:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got the same spam..Just deleted it.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  01:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got the same scamspam. flushed.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  11:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rather than post here, why not send the Admin an email copying it all. I got two this week from nudekiwi. His email address is admin@nudist-resorts.org

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  03:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A recent security update to the site has prevented spammers (and everyone else) from using the Emailing system until they have posted a certain number of open forum postings.

The actual number, being secret, is etched on titanium plates and deposited deep underground under a mountain in some faraway place.

This means you should not receive spam of any kind from this site by email, from this date forward.

I plan to effect a similar security update for the PM system in the near future, if not sooner.

CoolNude72
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  11:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Send CoolNude72 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

A recent security update to the site has prevented spammers (and everyone else) from using the Emailing system until they have posted a certain number of open forum postings.

The actual number, being secret, is etched on titanium plates and deposited deep underground under a mountain in some faraway place.

This means you should not receive spam of any kind from this site by email, from this date forward.

I plan to effect a similar security update for the PM system in the near future, if not sooner.

Keep up the great work Admin.

Ray

Dave
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  05:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No bugs to report, just another scam from overseas in my PM inbox .You have my permission to look at it and delete it when you are finished.Dave...

If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!!!

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  7:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Admin:

I recently tried to post a reply in a thread.

I typed the words cell JUNK- to separate fools from their money in one of my sentences...

When I actually posted my response to the thread, I saw the following was *mysteriously* added after the words cell JUNK- to separate fools from their money

"- JUNK- to separate fools from their money -"

I tried to edit it, but couldn't. So I copied the entire response and pasted it on my hard drive, then removed the " - JUNK- to separate fools from their money -" part. Then I completely deleted the entire response from the forum and created a new one...

And the "- JUNK- to separate fools from their money -" was still there!

Couldn't figure this out!

Finally, after editting several more times, it was gone and what I wanted to say was there...

Perhaps it is some kind of a bug or something?

I noticed it in another thread (different topic) as well...

It is clear the person was trying to write "phone" but the JUNK thing was replacing it...

Thanks for your help!

-ToAsTeD

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  7:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It happened even again in my response above!

I typed the words cell ph*** and the JUNK - thing happened again!

Can't figure this one out!

-ToAsTeD

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  7:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me try again... Ignore the first one...

Dear Admin:

I recently tried to post a reply in a thread.

I typed the words cell ph*n* in one of my sentences... (but actually spelled the word out, there weren't any asteriks...)

When I actually posted my response to the thread, I saw the following was *mysteriously* added after the words cell ph*n*:

"- JUNK- to separate fools from their money -"

I tried to edit it, but couldn't. So I copied the entire response and pasted it on my hard drive, then removed the " - JUNK- to separate fools from their money -" part. Then I completely deleted the entire response from the forum and created a new one...

And the "- JUNK- to separate fools from their money -" was still there!

Couldn't figure this out!

Finally, after editting several more times, it was gone and what I wanted to say was there...

Perhaps it is some kind of a bug or something?

I noticed it in another thread (different topic) as well...

It is clear the person was trying to write "phone" but the JUNK thing was replacing it...

Thanks for your help!

-ToAsTeD

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  7:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is incredible to me that there are so few problems with a site this complex and rich. Great job by those in charge.

I still wish, however, that I could edit out some ancient postings like one that says: "Hey everybody, meet me at San Onofre on Feb 5th, 2005." and no other activity.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Website was down Topic Next Topic: Spam, Spam, Spam  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved