Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Site News
 Comments about website, bug reports, etc.
 Help us find the bugs! Report problems here.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Website was down Topic Next Topic: Spam, Spam, Spam
Page: of 7

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  9:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Note to other aviation minded individuals--The Microsoft JET engine has nothing to do with powered flight. Refers to part of the older versions of MS Access. JET referred to Joint Engine Technology. It's been superseded by SQL server.

Quietman1951
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  10:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe some troll may be hacking this web site. This morning the page aquision was extreemly slow. When the first page finally came in, there was a little cartoon included, which had all of my IP information displayed.

Quietman1951 ; Today is the first NUDE day of the rest of our lives.

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  10:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't get on this site today using Safari, which has occurred several times recently. Got the message "Safari can't open this page". This happened with many attempts.

Tried Firefox with speedy results and no errors. Very strange. Hope the site remains Mac friendly (some of us are nudists too)!

UPDATE

Had trouble posting the above note. Firefox alert, but was able to try again, which was successful.

An hour later, first attempt, I was able to get on this site with Safari, quickly, and able to move from screen to screen with ease. 'Tis bewildering.............

'NUDE when able, covered when necessary'

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 06/10/2008 12:09:29 PM

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  10:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe the existing MS Access database is periodically grinding to a halt. Then it seems to reset, and all is fine.

I have no indication here of hacking. If you see anything else please let me know. That cartoon with your IP displayed sounds like something that might be built into your local service provider's system that would display on a timed out page, which we are responsible for.

We have secured the appropriate SQL server space, and next is the actual conversion process from Access database to SQL.

In the meantime, like you, I am learning to open a page and give it a l-o-n-g time to load. To prevent double posting, try not to click again until you see that it's timed out.

I can't say exactly when, but one day soon you'll log in, and it will be as smooth as glass.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  03:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Admin,
Is there something we members can do to help?

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  4:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Send money.

No seriously, we're planning to add a donate button so you folks that like to help out, have a way to do so. SQL server space isn't cheap.

Of course, between the button and the conversion, guess which one's gonna get done first! The speed problem is so annoying.

Just a note for those Access users running forums out there. We started seriously choking up at around 17,000 members and a concurrent user level that remains over 120 viewers throughout most of the day.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  7:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Send money.

No seriously, we're planning to add a donate button so you folks that like to help out, have a way to do so. SQL server space isn't cheap.

Of course, between the button and the conversion, guess which one's gonna get done first! The speed problem is so annoying.

Just a note for those Access users running forums out there. We started seriously choking up at around 17,000 members and a concurrent user level that remains over 120 viewers throughout most of the day.

#1) Tell me where to send the check.
#2) I usually check to see how many active users are on the site. The higher the number the slower it is.
#3) 17,000 members & 99% never post.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  11:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Bob. Your spirit of support is commendable.

You may have noticed we have completed the bulk of the work upgrading the site to the new faster SQL server. It's fun to click around here again! Yahhooooo!

Smooth as glass...

Now, a task for the members. Try everything, and tell us exactly where the remaining bug are. We thank you in advance for your trouble typing out the error messages exactly, since error messages can't be copy-pasted. Be sure to tell us exactly which page you were on, and what you were trying to do when the error occurred.

Send the error data to admin@nudist-resorts.org .

As we mentioned, the upgrade was a bit expensive. Now to start working on that donate button. If you want to send a check early, just email me for the proper information.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  9:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
You may have noticed we have completed the bulk of the work upgrading the site to the new faster SQL server. It's fun to click around here again! Yahhooooo!

Smooth as glass...

And speedy too!

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  12:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AAAARGH! My long nightmare continues. Today I logged on as usual, and was pleased to see that there were no fewer than 37 active topics. But when I clicked on the link, a screen came up informing me that there were NO active topics! I hit the Back button and returned to the page which still showed 37 active topics. All those topics ... and I can't access them. This happened to me quite a few times several months back, but I thought things were more or less back to normal. What gives?

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  1:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I login and then the number of active topic is shown to be reasonable. A reading one or two threads, it suddenly indicates NO ACTIVE TOPICS. What happened?

For that reason, I must make a choice "which thread if of the most interest" and then click that thread first.

Naturally, Catbird

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  8:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I noticed the same thing. I quickly learned to note the time between log ins (12 hours, 2 days, etc). Then I could use the dropdown under active topics to approximate the time interval.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  9:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems the cookies are behaving a bit differently after the upgrade. To know when your last visit was, the system needs to read your last cookie. Perhaps in visiting a new page, that cookie is replaced.

In the meanwhile, for those of you that enjoy tabbed browsing, I leave the Active Topics page alone, and open a new tab (or window) to view each new topic. Right click on the link. I open all the new ones I'm interested in, and they all load each in a new tab. Then they are all loaded, and I can read and then close each one. I leave the Active Topics page open until next time, when I refresh the page.

Also, I'm finding myself using a 12 hour window in the drop down box when active topics disappear, or using a 'yesterday' window.

Thanks for the notes, they will come in handy when we track this one down.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  04:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Admin, Most of us use the back button after reading a post. It seems you need to click on _ active Topics to mantain the list. The active topics do sometimes vanish and then reappear just by reclicking. The upgrade is much better but, we may need to adjust our habits.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 07/06/2008 04:10:02 AM

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  07:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

It seems the cookies are behaving a bit differently after the upgrade. To know when your last visit was, the system needs to read your last cookie. Perhaps in visiting a new page, that cookie is replaced.

In the meanwhile, for those of you that enjoy tabbed browsing, I leave the Active Topics page alone, and open a new tab (or window) to view each new topic. Right click on the link. I open all the new ones I'm interested in, and they all load each in a new tab. Then they are all loaded, and I can read and then close each one. I leave the Active Topics page open until next time, when I refresh the page.

Also, I'm finding myself using a 12 hour window in the drop down box when active topics disappear, or using a 'yesterday' window.

Thanks for the notes, they will come in handy when we track this one down.

And that brings up one of the other strange things with the active topics page...

On my PC with Firefox, I was able to "Middle Click" and pop a new tab open without activating the link and heading into the topic. On my mac, any sort of action like that in Firefox or Safari, I follow the link, even if I don't want to.

Like you, I right click and open in a new tab...

Edited by - bornnude on 07/06/2008 07:40:22 AM

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Website was down Topic Next Topic: Spam, Spam, Spam  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved