Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 638 ]  [ Total: 638 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Suggested Rules Of Behavior
 Nudist suggested rules of behavior: too strict?
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudism in Others Homes Topic Next Topic: Personal space
Page: of 3

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  3:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

Cheri, Many reports have been made regarding the behavior at - - to AANR,but to date I still see the resort endorced by AANR as a family resort. As - - is probably the most up-scale "nudist" resort in the country I doubt that AANR would be quick to drop it from their endorsement. It looks too good on the outside and all the fancy ammenities are appealing to people on the surface. You dont know until you stay there and experience for yourself the innapropriate environment. By then you already paid for your visit and it is too late. Further more the resort will always have the bulk of its revenue generated form the swinger/party crowd. If EVERY SINGLE legitimate nudist stopped attending they would only loose about 25% of their main income. And this loss would quickly be regenarated by a new crop of swingers and lifestyles vistors. Bottom line is - - doesnt NEED to change anything. They are making a ton of money with the status quo.

Actually, AANR has a very set procedure for investigating these types of complaints both at the regional and national levels through their Internal Administration committees. This process does, however, take time and is conducted confidentially. I can say that AANR will definitely terminate the charter of any club not living up to family nudist standards i.e. passing a swinger's club off as a family nudist resort. I can personally think of five clubs I know about that have been kicked out of AANR for this very reason and I'm sure there have been many more over the years.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
Web:http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html
Nudist Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/vealj

Edited by - vealj on 10/26/2006 3:23:45 PM

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  4:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is heartening news Veal. Our UK Naturist holiday company makes no mention on their website as to the resort of - - as being ideal family venue but does regarding Cypress Cove. Perhaps they know more than they would let on if I was to book. It may be worth me making some descreet enquiries!!

Mike

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  3:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If thats the case though. How come to this day - - stiil passes itself off as a family nudist resort and is still endorsed by AANR?

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  4:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From my side of the "pond" that's exactly the question I am asking myself. At least you in USA get to hear about a resort's reputation before you spend your hard earnt dollars!! Luckily, through your and others advice I have been warned, Jenn. Would it make any difference if many US nudists who have experienced adversely - - wrote to AANR. There seems enough just on this forum. Could they then ignore the problem?

Mike

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  5:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I myself as well as a many of our friends have complained extensively to AANR. I have spoken with the AANR President about this when he was at our club this past summer. But to this day AANR supports - - on their website.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  01:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is all about money and the glamour of an upscale resort being nudist.

No matter that many clubs offer much of the same amenities, glitz sells.

I just feel badly for families who don't do their homework and get caught in uncomfortable situations.

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  5:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

Cheri, Many reports have been made regarding the behavior at - - to AANR,but to date I still see the resort endorced by AANR as a family resort. As - - is probably the most up-scale "nudist" resort in the country I doubt that AANR would be quick to drop it from their endorsement. It looks too good on the outside and all the fancy ammenities are appealing to people on the surface. You dont know until you stay there and experience for yourself the innapropriate environment. By then you already paid for your visit and it is too late. Further more the resort will always have the bulk of its revenue generated form the swinger/party crowd. If EVERY SINGLE legitimate nudist stopped attending they would only loose about 25% of their main income. And this loss would quickly be regenarated by a new crop of swingers and lifestyles vistors. Bottom line is - - doesnt NEED to change anything. They are making a ton of money with the status quo.

Jenn, There may be informal notices and reports, but has anyone filled out an official document supplied by the AANR office. Just a letter won't cut it.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

. Now, to my way of thinking, that sounds like the sort of bureaucratic nonsense that causes people to be upset with their organization. If there have indeed been numerous complaints, of a credible nature, from responsible people, then why should an umbrella organization ignore the members' complaints just because it wasn't on the proper form?
. I know Cheri would not dismiss the comment of someone on this forum just because it was misspelled or lacked grammar; cannot the AANR get its act together to check out complaints which might reflect on the reputation of AANR?
. When I complain to any business that I deal with, it makes no difference if I call, write, or e-mail. the complaint is handled. Maybe I don't always like the resolution, but at least it is handled. If not, I take my business elsewhere. But it sounds like there is no 'elsewhere' to go; could this be the reason?

Hippie (in curmudgeon hat)

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  6:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AANR is made of of many,many nudists in the US. In fact, I rarely meet long time nudists that are not members. AANR offers discounts to all of us at the various resorts and parks in the country. AANR is not so much the problem. It is resorts passing themselves off as family nudist resorts when they are more clearly adult oriented resorts that allow nudity. Again AANR is a great organization that fights for the rights of nudists and is a huge asset to us all. Its the resrort owners that misrepresent themselves to everybody. I would never boycott AANR for keeping an innappropriate resort on their list of resorts they endorse. That would hurt my family by more than it would prove any sort of point.

Jenn

Jim in Boston
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  10:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing to do with dancing, although we do at Club O. But people from Europe who claim to be "nudists" often don't match our expectations. We spent a week at a nudist resort on Spain, amongst people we identified as British and German. These folks would be naked around the pool all day, come to the bar for happy hour naked, then go back to their units and get dressed for dinner. And I mean dressed: they would have been fine on the streets of Munchen. No pareos. So here we were, dressed as nature suggests and these now textiles come into the resturant and look askanse at us. This was not the fault of Costa Natura, but it is likely to reduce the number of times we come back.

NakedAmbition
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  11:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Myself, I prefer a little mystery to sex and don't need to see it right in front of me. However, maybe AANR's ongoing support of - - and other "edgy" resorts has to do with common sense. Look at it this way: 299,920,000 Americans are of the opinion that nudity OF COURSE is related to sex, versus 80,000 American nudists (50,000 AANR members and- let's be generous- another 30,000 non-AANR affiliated nudists) who say nudism has nothing to do with sex. And I'm not even subtracting those nudists with more liberal attitudes on the nudism/sex relationship. But of course it's the 299 million plus Americans who are wrong.

Wake up, folks. AANR doesn't need to preach to the converted; it wants to reach out to Americans who haven't yet tried nudism. So, while it does expend lots of energy promoting the ideal of innocent, family-friendly nudism (which is important to do), AANR also realizes that the bulk of Americans blur the line between sex and nudism, and so it subtly markets to those folks as well, by not cutting off its support of the edgier resorts that capture the curiousity of those potential first-timers looking for something "adventurous" to try with their spouses. And I'm not so sure this is a bad thing. After all, "adventurous" first timers might morph into more traditional nudists later.

To keep everyone happy (or, at least, happier), the solution is pretty simple. AANR should continue to vigorously extoll the virtues of family-friendly nudism, but then- in a lower voice, off in the background- also give helpful information about the more adult oriented clubs out there for those interested in them. It should just make sure that such clubs are clearly labeled as such.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  11:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMHO, a big resort such as - - should be able to handle family-oriented and adult-oriented activities and keep them apart without having the entire resort be dedicated completely to one or the other. Irrespective of that, would not public sex be illegal at - -? All of the places mentioned seemed to me to be public places, like a restaurant or hotel swimming pool would be. In general, isn't public sex prohibited at a restaurant or hotel swimming pool unless it is private, that is, closed to the general public? If so, there is no need for the AANR here. Just call the police and file a complaint.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  2:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having been to - - with both my husband and family many many times...I have noticed some very innapropraite behaviour. Such as VERY dirty dancing, groping and the like. I dont think you can call the police though, as it is a PRIVATE resort. I think the only "recourse" for the behaviors is to notify staff and/or management. And honestly, I doubt the staff would come out to the spa at 2 am and kick a couple off the property who were "fooling around" especially if that SAME couple was spending thousands of dollars to stay at the resort. They know what their "bread and butter are". Otherwise the nightclub and bar at that resort wouldnt be a "haven for swingers". Like I have said many times..Its the "swinging undertones" and "hints of swinging" at these resorts that are the grey areas. Obviously people having a "full blown orgy in the pool" is a black and white issue. But in the nightclubs..all of the borderline dancing..and the overall "tone" of a sexual element..are MUCH more difficult to control. There is NO easy solution. Resorts such as - - SHOULD be able to entertain BOTH demographics, but they have become a "swingers resort that tolerates nudists"..in my opinion.

Jennifer

single-dad
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  12:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
allnaturewife, I agree with you, evn tho I have not yet been to a naturist club. I rasised the same question last night as a topic in the forum. Thank you for answering my question. I would not be able to ask a lady to dance slow, but if she asked me, I might. I would have to wait 10 years tho since my son is only 6 to leave him by himself at night for a couple hours.

Mark

Live life bare it is the only way to be.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nudism in Others Homes Topic Next Topic: Personal space  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved