Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 136 ]  [ Total: 136 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Etiquette and Grooming for the Nudist
 Urinating etiquette?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Applying sunscreen question - HELP Topic Next Topic: pee at  beach
Page: of 5

openess
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  07:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems we all draw our line of propriety somewhere. Most in our society draw a line at nudity. Here we have nudists drawing it at urination. Nothing wrong with that and I don't disagree. I just find it interesting.

Fulldraw
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  6:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Modern society has to draw a line in the sand someplace or we would all be raping, stealing and committing murder. There are places where you can still beat your wife as long as you don’t use a stick larger than your thumb (rule of thumb). If everyone wants to get together and have a peeing contest, I guess that’s OK but you should get the rules down first. We all need to play by some set of guidelines or we are just like monkeys, and even they have behavior that is not tolerated in the group

openess
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  07:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Society does in fact draw a line in the sand, and raping, stealing, murder, wife beating, nudity, and urination in the presence of others are all placed on the same side of society's line. As nudists, I'm reasonably sure that most of us here would argue that nudity does not belong on any list of offenses that includes rape, stealing, murder and wife beating. Our reasons for feeling this way would be something like nudity hurts no one, it's natural, it's a benign expression of personal freedom, etc. Many of the same reasons we'd give to remove nudity from the wrong side of society's line could also be fairly applied to urination. But my point is certainly not to argue that we nudists should regard urination to be as acceptable as our nudity. I'm totally fine with labeling it inappropriate and behaving accordingly. I only wish to point out that if we are truely self aware, we'll acknowledge that placing urination, as described in the original post (no "peeing contest" was mentioned), on the wrong side of our line is as subjective as textiles placing nudity on the wrong side of their line. If you took some of the statements made above regarding the urination episode, and substituted the word "nudity" for urination, you'd have some very popular textile quotes regarding nudity. It's interesting where we humans choose to draw our lines of what we think is appropriate and what's not, and how we tend to regard our own lines as self-evidently correct and those of others as unenlightened and threatening to our personal freedom. We all do this, but if we're at least aware that we're doing it, maybe that awareness will result in our being kinder and more accepting of each other, especially when someone points out to us that we're on the wrong side of their line.

Captain Bob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  3:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see the big deal.Nudism is natural peeing over the side of a boat is natural.Nobody got hit, nobody saw any thing.

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  7:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think that it's fair to compare urinating to rape and murder. Yes, there are lines we cross, but rape and murder are far beyond having a piss, surely! In this case it sounds like the guy at least tried to be a little discreet - he didn't walk up to the group and start pissing on them or anything. Yes, perhaps using the toilet might have been more appropriate, but I don't think he's done anything as evil as some here seem to think.

Temet Nosce

bobbyh
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  8:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Send bobbyh an AOL message  Send bobbyh a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm also a REDNECK and when you are in the woods or on a small bass boat it does not matter if your naked or not most of us from the south don't pay any attention to somebody peeing. I will agree that if the boat is big enough and has a head then use it but if it is not big enough to have that then just speak up by saying you need to "drain the main vein" "my eyeballs are floating so turn around if your shy" and so on. I just say if there is no restroom around and you got to go then just give others some warning.

HI THERE FROM BOBBY & Jennifer

Fulldraw
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  09:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is not much anymore separating us from the rest of the animals, seems like this might be one of them. I know the male dog raises his leg in the back yard and nobody seems to mind but when he raises it on your car tire than we get upset. I guess it is all in prospective of what the situation is and what you think being civilized means.
I am certainly not comparing this to a major crime and it is interesting where we draw the line on acceptance as for some people going nude in public is totally unacceptable.
I fish and camp and do all the outdoor activities too. I am just saying we should be considerate of the others around us and be sure our actions do not offend others.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  11:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This topic has very interesting and has sparked a little humor at the same time. I am a Red Neck, here in TN as well as NC, where I have family, it is worn as a badge of pride.

The whole peeing out side is a cultural thing and I don't tink it's just a southern thing, cause there're lots of country boys up north too.

I agree in mixed company with people he was not friends with yet, the guy was out of line. But if we are with friends and nature calls, with due warning to the others, a mans got to do what a mans got to do. That gives the ladies a chance to look the other way.

Diger

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  12:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Must be I hang out with a bunch of rednecks! . If everyone knows each other, and it's accepted practice, I don't think its a big deal. Where no one is really familiar with each other, its a bit rude, but from my experience, urinating off the side is a fairly common event on the water.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  1:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those of you who may be a bit sensitive to the sight of a man peeing had better not got to France where its common practice to stop and pee anywhere the need takes you, and in Germany its actually illegal to drive with a full bladder (A distraction.) so its accepted that a guy can pull over at the side of the road and relieve himself, the whole point is t depends where your from as to what is acceptable.
You'd get nicked in the UK for peeing in public by the way!

Pete Knight

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  1:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's a spot fine of about £60 here, saw something about it on the news. That said, if you were in a park or something you'd probably get away with it - it's more about doing it in city centres, and usually late at night by people who've had a bit too much to drink.

Temet Nosce

Captain Bob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  5:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still don't understand what the big deal was nobody was hurt hit or sprayed.I didn't even know what peeing etiquette was until this.I was told one time if you can't see theirs they can't see yours

Captain Bob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  5:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still don't understand what the big deal was nobody was hurt hit or sprayed.I didn't even know what peeing etiquette was until this.I was told one time if you can't see theirs they can't see yours

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  6:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just looked at the original post to see where the incident occured: in the US in the Outer Banks (which I think is near me, so it must be in the Northeastern USA.) So, yeah, it's a northern question. Here in the north we just don't pee wherever we see fit. Maybe it's one of those indecent things, but you could actually be arrested for doing it around here. I've heard of it. Maybe it's more accepted in other locales, like in the south or in other countries (some things I've heard of happening in the south are so strange to me that they seem to be other countries... my goodness, look at Cheri LOL- she's like a totally different country to me altogether!) I think that's one reason we have so many takes on this experience and why some of us are outraged that someone would do so terrible while others of us are outraged that others of us are so outraged. LOL It's all a matter of perspective.

Melissa

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  9:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

I love your take on things, and we did try to become a different country at one time. Around here we call it a country pee, and it's a protected right.

The original incident occurred in North Carolina so that falls under southern laws of etiquette.

All kidding aside it has a lot to do with local culture. I guess that’s what makes the world go around.

P.S. Welcome back Melissa, you do brighten this place up.

Diger

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Applying sunscreen question - HELP Topic Next Topic: pee at  beach  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved