Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 150 ]  [ Total: 150 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Etiquette and Grooming for the Nudist
 Urinating etiquette?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Applying sunscreen question - HELP Topic Next Topic: pee at  beach
Page: of 5

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  12:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness- I think there are two 'Outer Banks!' I know there's one here in PA, too. Spooky, huh? I wonder if we should do a trial test to see if this peeing thing would go over better in PA than it did in NC?

It's great to be back and among wonderful people such as yourselves. Fellow nudists are a bright spot in my life!

Melissa

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  09:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

I may be wrong It just says the outer banks and the NC outer banks was all I knew about.

OK bzzlzz ------ which is it?

Diger

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  09:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outer Banks (Ocracoke) is definitely in NC. That's where rangers have been ticketing folks this past summer.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  10:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ocracoke is a beautiful place, we have skinny-dipped there in the past. Sad about the trouble there now, the NAC is working on it. So all hope is not lost.

Diger

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  5:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are definitely 2 Outer Banks, then. One is a lesser known spot in PA, though. The most frequently talked about one USA-wide is in NC.

Melissa

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  6:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been to the Outer Banks on a Lighthouse Tour. Visited Ocracoke to visit that lighthouse, stayed at a very nice hotel and had dinner made by the hotel owner and served by her kids and their friends. Hard times for them during that time. Tourism down and lots of problems with fix it stuff at the hotel.

One afternoon, while the tour was staying there, I wondered into the lobby to find water dripping from the ceiling. A pipe had broken in the sub-floor and was flooding the lobby area. I offered to help but one of the kids dad was a plumber and he ran to get him. I helped shut down the water to stop the flooding.

Another one of those times we, the Prof and I, thought about visiting a nude beach we'd heard about but unable to do that because of the type of tour we were on. Sometimes things get in the way of doing what you really want to do.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  6:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In NC topless is perfectly legal except in a few townships, but it is frowned on in the tourist areas. The Prof could have gotten halfway comfortable if you could sliped away from the crowd. However if she's like Mrs Diger its all or nothing.

Diger

illusion
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2007 :  05:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone gone hiking, hunting or any other outdoor activity for an extended period of time? What did you do about it then? I have been fishing, hunting and hiking. And like Melissa I grew up in upstate New York. Even as a kid we would play in the woods. Despite what you may be thinking now, there are times when people have to take care of the natural relieving of themselves. Now I will admit hunting was a male only activity at the time. But hiking, fishing, and playing in the woods were definitely all co-ed activities. Fishing was done on river banks and from boats. Mostly with sisters and cousins on the river banks not from the boat. Playing in the woods was done with other kids from other families. Hiking was definitely with other adults and kids.
So what is a person to do? When fishing from the boat we just went over the side. Along the river banks we would find tree. The guys would do what guys do. The girls would go behind the trees and drop their pants. Playing in the woods as kids had the greatest possible chance of coming upon someone relieving themselves. Never seemed to be a problem stumbling upon another guy. We would just continue on with what we were doing. Stumbling upon the girls caused both parties to get slightly red and stumble over words. Or girls stumbling upon guys would turn the girls bright red. Cause them to giggle neverously and run the other way. But in the end everyone still talked to each other and we never heard from parents that other parents complained about their kid being found by one of us with their pants down. When hiking we would let the group get slightly ahead then find a tree or bush to provide some little privacy.
In each case except when on the boat. People tried to be descrete. On the boat there was just no way. You either did it over the side. Or you did it in your pants. (No not nude fishing.) Did not matter what everyone else on the boat thought. When you got to go, you got to go. But to be fair here the boat was small and had no bathroom. And there were other boats in the water nearby.
My question is was it wrong because of being wrong? Or was it wrong because of being co-ed? When we were kids playing in the woods and we came upon anyone who was relieving themselves, after the initial suprise, we would afford that person some pretense of privacy. We would continue on our way or turn back the way we came. Nothing more was thought of it. One girl got really embarrassed when she found someone. But then a couple of days later it was her turn. She did not get angry or embarrassed that time. She just shrugged and continued doing what she was doing. It never bothered her after that. And we did not bother to ask each other if it would be a problem playing in the woods if we needed to go to the bathroom. We just did what we did.
Can I draw as a conclusion from this that kids are more forgiving than adults?
Each of us has our own feelings about what should be done. That is what makes us different. Each of us approaches things a different way. Boy would it be boring if we all were the same. But I do not think that going off the back of the boat reduces us to the level of animals. Yes somone felt offended. That is their right. Just as it is their right to discuss this with the person who offended them. And it appears that an understanding was reached. And finally a good time had by all parties. Is not that the important thing? Everyone having a good time?

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2007 :  10:10:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Can I draw as a conclusion from this that kids are more forgiving than adults?

Bzzlzz,

That goes with out saying kids are more forgiving than adults.

The neighborhood I grew up in had 12 kids, and we all played together without much trouble, as long as the parents stayed out of it.

Diger

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2007 :  11:14:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

In NC topless is perfectly legal except in a few townships, but it is frowned on in the tourist areas. The Prof could have gotten halfway comfortable if you could sliped away from the crowd. However if she's like Mrs Diger its all or nothing.
Diger

Diger, It's not legal be be topless in North Carolina anywhere according to the legal statutes.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

LarryK1052
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  10:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This subject is both interesting and humerous. Personally, I prefer to do my business privately. I am more than willing to be naked around people, but there are some things even this nudists likes to keep private.

I think in situations like being on a small boat may pose some privacy problems. Out in the woods a simple excuse me, slip behind a tree and go!

I remember years ago I was on a construction site were a friend and I were working together. It was lunch time and as I was walking across the site he stops and with turning about or warning just lets it flow.

Clearly, this isn't a moral issue, just cultural.

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.

Narley

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  10:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say that the guy would fit in with the crowds that I used to hang out with growing up. Most of our boats were for fishing and were not large enough to have a bathroom. If the women wanted to go fishing we all had to find a way to go. It became normal for all to go if necessary and simply anouncing that you needed to go would warn the others. You could turn your head or not just remember you were warned.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  08:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting back on this topic of urinating etiquette it needs to be said that marine heads are fragile things, often referred to with multiple expletives. Liveaboard boaters use them as little as possible and cringe whenever a non-boater decides to use it since the head's dependability is contingent upon its user following a fixed sequence of operations. For that reason, especially in sailing yachts, taking a leak over the stern is very, very common. Another alternative is to go to the bow on the lee (sheltered) side of the headsail and do it there. In defense of the "offending" urinator, I'd guess he didn't expose himself to anyone and the only view was of the act itself. The problem is not the act of elimination but the attitude of others. It's understandable that non-boaters might be shocked, but they shouldn't be offended.

ETrainer
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  12:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in MI. The area I work at is mostly rural area with cornfields and such. As an ATC I have to be at high school football practices and such which are at least 2 hours long, no bathrooms for at least 100yds. when the need arises to relieve oneself, may it be player/or coach, the place to go is behind a tree in the wooded area next to the practice field. It is not even thought of as indecent for the place.

Urinating off the side/back of a boat is fine in the absence of other boaters and with passengers' awareness to look afar if uncomfortable.

I'd like to reiterate that red-necks are not just a southern thing. I grew up in the UP of MI; talk about red-necks! We enjoy Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy just the same as anyone else. :)

Be safe, be bare!

jonathan777

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  08:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
51 year old male here.I go to Cape Canaveral Florida often to the nude beach there Usually when I have to urinate, I will go to the edge of the water, kneel down and let it fly, with my back to the other nudists I see no reason to advertise it but at same time, it is something that has to happen,right?

Jonathan Walker

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Applying sunscreen question - HELP Topic Next Topic: pee at  beach  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved