Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 477 ]  [ Total: 477 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist
Page: of 32

enjoythenude

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  4:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hormiga

I came across this thread while searching for info on "unwanted erections" and there is very little info out there.

Maybe someone can help me out here.

Recently I have noticed that I get erect (not fully but like over half way there) when I am naked and nervous.

For instance, I recently started going to a gym and I use the sauna and communal showers. Occassionally I start getting hard... obviously this makes me nervous and this usually makes it worse. I am very much straight and it is not an issue of me seeing attractive guys, in fact it can happen with few if any people around.

The odd thing is that I am thirty and this was never a problem in the past. When I was younger I used communal showers (in the military) and never had a problem.

I have been skinny dipping with friends in the past and Im not a shy person by nature. I have gotten slight erections while skinny dipping with attractive women... I would consider that normal as there was an obvious cause for my reaction.

The thing that worries me is when I get them for no apparent reason or as a result of nervousness/excitement.

This really became a big issue for me when I was photographed for a tattoo piece that I am getting (like a small scale Samoan Pe'a ) in order for the artist to draw out the piece I needed to be nude. I started getting hard almost immediately after i dropped my pants... it wasnt sexual (the photographer was female though).

I was staring off into spce doing my best to not think about it... physically I was very uncomfortable as the room was cold and my knee was shaking uncontrolably. I was shocked at one point when I caught glimpse of myself in the mirror, I was close to fully erect.

The artist was very nice and professional though and essentially ignored it, I felt so horrible but didnt know what to say (it really was like having a nightmare about gonig to school in your underwear).

I figure I will eventually get over it (at least in the tattoo studio) as I will be naked and under the needle soon, but Im still terrified I will do it again.

I have read alot about nervousness making erections impossible is it possible for the opposite to happen? Is there anyway to over come other than acclimation?

I guess this wouldnt be a huge issue but I really want to be able to go to nude beaches and enjoy myself (I like being naked, I prefer to be solo though for the above reasons).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Erections come on naturally and different for evryone so dont worry it is just nature. I noticed my lats trip to my doctors for a physical wihtotu nduity or naythign sitting there waiting and people about to enter i got an erection whihc seemed unusual because no thougth was goiong into it during or before.

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  07:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoythenude: I've also read some recent research papers which seem to indicate that having an erection can cause major difficulties for people typing accurately due to the flow of blood being diverted from the brain. :)

JustJim

Aussienudedude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  08:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now now JustJim. That wasn't nice especially since your comments made me fall off my chair laughing. Love the sense of humor thou.

I"ll make sure next time I'm sitting securely before reading any more of your comments. Bring em on.!!!!

lovieone

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  7:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Send lovieone an AOL message  Send lovieone a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
as far as im concerned, an erection or any other arousal can happen at any time any day and minute to men or women with and without clothing, simple.
its natural let it happen and fall as it may.

lovieone

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  8:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Send lovieone an AOL message  Send lovieone a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or is Cheri the erection-police?
Ive been to nude resorts and if a man has an erection, big deal, I have seen them, so what let the poor guys relax...women become aroused, arousal is normal. Get over it.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  10:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Cheri's the erection police, then she's got one hell of a posse working with her.

If your attitude is such that you don't care what other "nudists" think or feel about erections that are not handled discreetly, then maybe you're in the wrong lifestyle.

Just cuz we're naked doesn't give you the right or priviledge to offend.

There are more here that don't feel the way you do and would support me when I say to you......."you get over it!!"

Edited by - FireProf on 08/04/2006 10:39:35 PM

ted135

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  9:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that one of the healthiest side effects about nudism is learning that our bodies are nothing to be ashamed of. It seems to me that includes letting breasts and genitals bounce along and do the funny things that they do. Erections are one thing... public masturbation, and sexual advances are another.

If an accidental erection must be hidden in a nudist setting, causing a potential "newbie" like myself worry and anxiety about being able to hide it should the "shameful" thing happen, it gives the clothed world the added attraction of freedom to be who we are, because men can just not worry about erections as they come and go, since the hiding is already taken care of.

And, I must add, being alive involves sexuality. The more we try to hide sexuality with clothes, the more it gets emphasized. AND we cannot cut off the fact that we are sexual beings by taking off our clothes either.

Just some thoughts...

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  07:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fact that this thread continues to be one of the most "posted on" points out the fact that men's "fears" of having an erection are very prevalent for those who have never been to a nudist resort.
Once someone actually goes to a nude resort, they will then find that it's simply not an issue. They don't have "Security" running around wearing white helmets and billy clubs looking for someone with a chubby. People are polite, sociable, friendly, and relaxed (in every sense of the word).
Just do what the Nike people suggest..."Just Do It".... go to a nudist resort and see for yourself.
All this "angst" over something that almost never happens is like having a national debate over safety regulations required for the construction of stage coaches... it's irrelevant.

JustJim

naturist_pune

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  4:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Send naturist_pune a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am a nudist newbie, and have mainly been nude among close friends / colleagues. Even in that setting, the males (including me) have had erections once in a while, but no one made an issue out of it - not even the women. Probably because everyone around knew each other very well to realize that there were no ill intentions behind the erections. It is precisely that kind of reassurance - that an erection in public is ok as long as one does not overstep the boundaries of decency - that is important for to encourage a true naturist lifestyle.

I agree with JustJim that this may not really be an issue for seasoned naturists, but for newbies like me, the reassurance goes a long way to fully embrace naturism. Else I may shy away from more public naturist settings for fear of being "looked-down-upon" if I get an erection.

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  4:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
JustJim: It is a very important thing. After wrestling with the fact that I liked being nude but was afraid of what others might think, I attended a nudist resort with my then-girlfriend. I became erect, and it really scared the hell out of me what others would think. It was an honest accident and I was concerned that I might've been thrown out. Nobody did or said anything, but it can be cause of alarm for newbies. Just do it is perhaps the best advice you could give, but we should respect the insecurities of others... we all have them at some point or another. Just like what Naturist_Pune said though, people need to see for themselves to get those assurances that nude does not equal rude.

werdna
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  07:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovieone,
No, it is not just you. Check out other threads. I am also new to this forum.
Andrew

If you have half-life parties, life becomes one big party the older one gets.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 08/28/2006 11:22:41 AM

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  08:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think that being a nudist is supposed to be accepting the human body for what it is.

I raised 2 boys and 1 girl as home nudists. At first it was strictly because starting at the age of about 12 my daughter was changing outfits like 3 or 4 times a day. She was taking clothes out of the closet and not being in the mood for what she picked out, she would toss them on the floor.

Of course if it was on the floor, it was then dirty and had to go directly into the laundry basket.

Long story short I made a strict rule that there were no clothes allowed inside the house at all.

All through their teen years the boys were walking, talking, breathing flag poles and after explaining to the kids that erections in teenaged boys were just nature's way of insuring everything worked properly, they posed no problem what-so-ever.

Shame is not a natural emotion and as such has to be learned. I just refused to teach it.

total_loss

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  9:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Send total_loss a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am male, when a naked female is present, I may or may not get hard. May not, because of state of mind, may, because it is perfectly natural to have this happen. If it happens, it should not be a death sentence. Cheri is dead wrong. If she gets excited, she gets wet, maybe no one notices. If I get excited, it is very noticable. Does this mean it's wrong...no, it doesn't. This is a form of predjudice. You are thinking something is bad when it's not. Nudism is not sex, but nudism can lead to sex. This is not wrong, it is human nature. We are all animals, even if we pretend not to be, sorry, your an animal and so am I.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  11:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally think this thread needs to be closed. It really isn't going anywhere and this topic is discussed and discussed and beat to death.

You all have your opinions and that's fine, the fact is that even in nudism/naturism there are rules, etiquette and manners, just as in life. Some of you are proposing doing things you wouldn't do in the clothed society but thinks it's just fine to do in a nudist society.

Moderator, do us all a favor and close this topic.

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  03:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

I personally think this thread needs to be closed. It really isn't going anywhere and this topic is discussed and discussed and beat to death.

You all have your opinions and that's fine, the fact is that even in nudism/naturism there are rules, etiquette and manners, just as in life. Some of you are proposing doing things you wouldn't do in the clothed society but thinks it's just fine to do in a nudist society.

Moderator, do us all a favor and close this topic.

+1
This thread hasn't really gone anywhere from the beginning. I seriously doubt that most of the "pro-boner" people have ever (or will ever) participated in social nudism.

In fact with a couple of those responses I don't think the poster has ever seen another human without clothes on.

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved