Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 164 ]  [ Total: 164 ]  [ Newest Member: Micljon ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Is a nudist resort reality show impossible?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Is it ok to be nude at home? Topic Next Topic: How many pairs of clothes do you have?
Page: of 2

MediaMaker

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  10:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings All! I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone here can steer me right. First, I mean no disrespect and I realize what I'm asking may be taboo. Also, I do have some regular experience with going to a nude beach with my wife on a regular basis.

My partner and I are in the reality show business. You can see a list of credits here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852662/

We are interested in researching the idea of creating a show based on the daily operation of a nudist resort. Yes - the show would be popular because you can watch blurred out parts of people on TV but we want to concentrate more on the people who run a resort and present the idea in a less exploitive way.

Is this a crazy idea? Is it in bad taste? Would it be impossible to get people to do it (if we blurred their bodies of course)? Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  10:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A few years back I saw a segment of a reality show (the name escapes me) in which young people got jobs at various businesses. One business was a nudist resort in Palm Springs. The young woman who got the job was an azzhole, making rude comments about people's bodies, etc. The nudists came off as being nice folks. All in all, I didn't find the episode very interesting. I'm sure you could do better.

MediaMaker

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  11:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! We're thinking more along the lines of showing the operation behind the scenes with the people who work there. The show would change based on the people who come to the resort and the daily challenges of running any resort.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  1:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I don't watch TV much (I've turned it on twice since I returned from Florida April 1st) my opinion is probably irrelevant, but I'll offer it anyway. Undoubtedly a TV program which shows scenes of the goings-on at a nude club would attract many people who might expect to find some titillation there, but the premise seems to me to be unable to create any lasting interest. If there were an interesting cast of characters interacting in interesting or amusing ways then such a show could work in almost any setting.

With regard to how nudists might react to having a crew on site filming some of their activities, you will find a wide range of opinions. Some of us would probably welcome you and be indifferent to having even our so-called private parts shown on TV, but most would very strongly object. Cameras are usually unwelcome at nude clubs. Most nudists prefer to conceal their identities, so it would probably be more important to them to hide their faces from the camera than to cover or blur their private parts.

With all that said it might work. I recall an H. L. Mencken quotation about no one ever losing money by underestimating the taste of the American public.

Interesting idea, keep us posted.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 07/24/2010 1:49:03 PM

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  7:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My admittedly scant experience with so-called "reality shows" suggests that they are generally highly contrived and have little to do with Reality. (A&E's 'Airline' is a possible exception.) Your list of credits includes "Sons of Hollywood" and "The Osbournes", both of which seemed to cater to the sort of audience that enjoys watching human train wrecks. My guess is that the daily business of running of a nudist resort is pretty mundane, and a "reality show" based on one would require a great deal of artificial spicing up. I can't see how that would do the nudist/naturist community much good. Maybe a swinger resort would be better suited.

jbsnc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  3:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudist Resort Reality,

Interesting. I’ve haven’t watched reality shows because I think they are too contrived. I am sure you would get owner/operator cooperation given you’ve put together a solid presentation and query enough resorts. Many nudists would be willing to participate in a blurred version. I would be willing blurred or unblurred but doubt anyone would want to view a 77 year old nudist. Good luck. Will you give us progress reports?

Happy Nuding.

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  1:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to see more TV coverage of nudists and our lifestyle, IF presented in a positive light showing the positive benefits of the nudist lifestyle. But most all reality shows I've seen tend to focus more on the drama and fighting that goes on although I know that most of it is staged for TV. And without that I'm not sure how you'd make a reality show about a nudist resort that would appeal to enough people, but then I'm not a producer and maybe you have some good ideas.

If you could present a nudist resort in a positive light, with minimal negative arguing and such, then I think it would be a good idea and could help spread the word about what nudism is really about. This could encourage more people to try the lifestyle which is always a good thing. But it would have to be presented in such a way as to ensure the viewers would know that nudist resorts are NOT a peep show or a place to come to get their jollies. I would like to see a show present the nudist who come to a resort as normal everyday people who just like to do things without their clothes. Show the diversity of people who are nudists and that they have a normal life just like everyone else, except that they do as much as possible without clothes. Explore why people do it and what nudism is NOT.

As for myself and my girlfriend, we would love to be on such a show and would be glad to be filmed with minimal blurring, or none as far as we are concerned. We decided this year that we don't care who knows we are nudists as people will either treat us as friends or shun us. And those who shun us are those we really don't want to associate with anyway.

We actually were on TV 4 times recently as we hosted a World Naked Gardening Day and the media covered the event. We were even on the front page of our local newspaper for the event. We were filmed and interviewed and left it up to them to choose what and how to blur. We did get some minor negative feedback, but the majority was positive and we gained several new nudist friends, so we are open to being on TV and I believe a lot of people would be.

Hopefully you can make this a reality, no pun intended, and produce a show that is interesting and portrays the lifestyle in a positive manner.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  2:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Viewing the comments as you can clearly see ther are many view points in regards to nudism. Myself? I never worked at a club so in just observing the staff, yeah I'd say it was pretty mundane stuff. The usual garden variety club nude or not that the staff do, gardening the grounds, bar tending, waitress, shop owner etc.... you get the picture.
The guests are much more entertaining then the satff!
Be Blessed - Be Nude

Skinny Women are not Evil

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  10:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well...I think it could work if the premise was to follow a set of guests every episode. A long-time nudist couple; a young family with their kids; a couple with a reluctant spouse; someone with body-acceptance issues. A broad spectrum of seasoned and first-time nudists with different personal stories that everyone could identify with at some level. That would keep it interesting and varied. The pixellation would get on my nerves though.

The show that nudesunguy is referring to was the Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie show (the Simple Life?) They spent one day working at - -; and it was just a mess. It seems their "eeeww" responses and disrespectful behavior were mostly staged; as one nudist present that day said that Paris was very cordial to him and had no issue with interacting with him nude - she was partially nude herself in between takes. It's sad that it was so staged when in reality paris was pretty open to the nudist experience.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  01:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you may find a nudist couple or family to participate but not a whole community at a resort would be receptive, jobs, family or church would keep them from even allowing a blur.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  8:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The answer to your question, i think might very well be a reality and soon with trends in the media "mainstream" who?? in print has not done or reported on the multi million dollar industry Nudism, In the mid 80's the AANR produced two public relation video's filmed at clubs in Can/USA and with many willing to be filmed enjoying this lifestyle and families interviewed, and activities shown naturally many probably like myself, did not know it,i got in 1 and only when i saw it later realized it and proud of that fact i was. I probably missed the memo filming in progress at a club i was visiting in Florida ,they didn't blurr or show people of all ages as sex objects, it was wholesome, and very well done, one was called Welcome To Our World.

go n nude

Edited by - go n nude on 07/30/2010 8:37:16 PM

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  11:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you go to the Lake Como resort in FL website they have a link to a show done by the National Geographic TV channel. It shows the nude community at Lake Como celebrating Christmas with parades and lights etc. Yes it is liberally blanked out of showing any female breasts or any genitalia. On the whole it is a good representation of real nudists.

JimmieMac51
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  1:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Send JimmieMac51 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by capecodjack

If you go to the Lake Como resort in FL website they have a link to a show done by the National Geographic TV channel. It shows the nude community at Lake Como celebrating Christmas with parades and lights etc. Yes it is liberally blanked out of showing any female breasts or any genitalia. On the whole it is a good representation of real nudists.

Not quite what they had in mind, Jack. That's "real", reality shows are about putting certain people in a situation that doesn't normally happen, then discover what their reality becomes because of it.
With all the unemployed people out there, go down to the unemployment center, pick a few people to compete for each job title at a "resort". Nurse, Management, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Food Service, Front Desk, etc., put 'em all on a bus to try out, they don't learn it's a "nudist resort" until they go through the front gate.
That would be what they call a "reality show".

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  08:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with NaturistDoc and Bill Bowser. I think that there is not likely to be enuf substance or interesting action to hold the attention of an audience for a series. A one-hour "special", most certainly, but not a series. Most Nudists are otherwise just average people. How many nude voleyball games or shots of someone quietly swimming can most people concentrate on?

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  4:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As executive producers for so many shows, you and your partner have an enviable track record. In your position you probably need straight answers, so allow me to share my opinion in a frank manner.

Quite likely the show would turn out the same as other attempts by non-nudist producers, such as the Paris Hilton or New York episodes. The nudists, for the most part, would be portrayed as somewhat "odd", with the sexual innuendo cranked up to a level to enhance ratings.

This does harm to the nudist industry and benefits only the network. How could you guarantee this would not happen? You probably could not. After all, you'd have to follow the money. And sexual innuendo is one of the cheapest ways to make a profit on television or cable.

I'm glad to hear you have some regular experience with nude beaches. You just might have the insight to pull this off. In my opinion your long-term success and public support/participation would depend on how you demonstrate your sensitivity to nudist ideals. Posting here to ask our opinions is a good sign of that.

For instance, in our travels at nudist resorts, we've met the occasional person who believes children should always be banned from our resorts because nudism is always about sex. This person we would not consider a "nudist", but nonetheless they are present and spending money at our establishments. How would you handle this material?

In an online forum such as Nudist-Resorts.Org, this opinion is neutralized by the majority who express otherwise. But a producer can choose to edit out the boring stuff, and keep only the sensational. That's the problem with TV ratings.

SpongeBobSquareNude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  5:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Pretty constant feedback there I think.

I think it'd be a bit drab, just filming people, clothes or no clothes.

We don't see the issue with nudity, so I doubt if we'd see anything enticing about a show.

In fact blurring or pixilating whatever parts of our bodies you feel fit to, in a way contradicts all we believe in.

We're not a strange sect of people, we're just people.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Is it ok to be nude at home? Topic Next Topic: How many pairs of clothes do you have?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved